TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
Jonwo posted:
Ken Jeong has been replaced by Mo Gilligan for this series as he couldn't travel due to restrictions.

At least Mo won't have to pretend he knows who half the celebrities are. Unless we really believe Ken knew who Teddy Sherringham, Patsy Palmer and Denise Van Outen were.
FL
Flux
Some more break bumpers have been shown, giving us more of a glimpse of the characters with the "Masked Singer" theme tune.

So happy they're going to do a Series 2, it was a no brainer really, I think it will be slightly different for obvious reasons, if there's not going to be an audience, how are the votes going to be done if it's pre-recorded?

Either way, it's better than nothing.

The US version is currently airing, and the lack of audience is barely noticeable apart from the panel being spaced apart, but even then they're placed right in front of the performer so it feels right. Audience-wise they cut away to old studio/audience shots during the show itself (this is actually mentioned in the show's credits so as to avoid complaints/confusion!), and a visible "virtual audience" do the voting. It works really well and loses nothing.
IT
itvblocks
Flux posted:
Some more break bumpers have been shown, giving us more of a glimpse of the characters with the "Masked Singer" theme tune.

So happy they're going to do a Series 2, it was a no brainer really, I think it will be slightly different for obvious reasons, if there's not going to be an audience, how are the votes going to be done if it's pre-recorded?

Either way, it's better than nothing.

The US version is currently airing, and the lack of audience is barely noticeable apart from the panel being spaced apart, but even then they're placed right in front of the performer so it feels right. Audience-wise they cut away to old studio/audience shots during the show itself (this is actually mentioned in the show's credits so as to avoid complaints/confusion!), and a visible "virtual audience" do the voting. It works really well and loses nothing.

That's really clever, mainly because a lot of the value of having an audience isn't lost.
SC
Score
Full trailer here (you can see that there is an audience if you pause at 0:09).

https://youtu.be/bx-H-sZUTpo
IT
itvblocks
Score posted:

Boxing Day at 7pm...slightly earlier this time?
TV
iloveTV1
Score posted:

Boxing Day at 7pm...slightly earlier this time?

It’s starting one week earlier this year but it aired at 7pm last year.
IT
itvblocks

A closer look at the characters for the new series.
VM
VMPhil
Completely forgot this was first on in January. It’s been a long year.
IT
itvblocks
Completely forgot this was first on in January. It’s been a long year.

Feels like ten years ago, not eleven months ago.
UB
UBox
Looks like they've decided to do a spin off for the ITV Hub this time.

Seems they're sticking with this ITV Hub spin-off system. I would love to know how many people actually watched I'm a Celeb - The Daily Drop and whether it's actually worth what it costs to produce. I used to flick over to ITV2 sometimes when the show ended but I'd never go out of my way to watch the daily drop on the hub.
itvblocks and brioalex gave kudos
UN
Universal_r
I think the fact it’s not on until the day after doesn’t help it. Most people will be going off to work or about their day and by time they come home, do what they have to do it’s time for the next nights episode. I really hope they bring back the ITV2 spin offs. Like you I would frequently switch to itv2 but I’ve only watched the daily drop once I think.
itvblocks and CraigWills gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Yes, I agree the Hub option doesn't really work for a daily show. It's probably a bit different for a weekly show but ultimately I think with The Masked Singer especially other than talking to the eliminee and having a Z-list panel saying who they think is who they can't really reveal too much else.
itvblocks, brioalex and Universal_r gave kudos

Newer posts