TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
itvblocks
Saw some teasers/bumpers before the ad breaks during I'm a Celeb for what seems to be the characters for the next series of The Masked Singer UK?

Cannot wait for the new series.

(Edit: I saw this during episode 5, so this was a few days ago in real time)
Last edited by itvblocks on 21 November 2020 10:17pm
BR
Brekkie
Was so popular that everywhere I go now people are wearing masks.
TV
iloveTV1
In Australia they had the audience wearing masks like the ones on the show. So they were just wearing a monster costume on their head. And god does it look weird.

11 days later

IT
itvblocks
Some more break bumpers have been shown, giving us more of a glimpse of the characters with the "Masked Singer" theme tune.

So happy they're going to do a Series 2, it was a no brainer really, I think it will be slightly different for obvious reasons, if there's not going to be an audience, how are the votes going to be done if it's pre-recorded?

Either way, it's better than nothing.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
A new trailer just now with studio footage, promoting the start date on Boxing Day, there is an audience in the trailer.
JO
Jonwo
A new trailer just now with studio footage, promoting the start date on Boxing Day, there is an audience in the trailer.

Is the audience masked?

It was recorded back in September so it's been in the can for some time.
IT
itvblocks
Jonwo posted:

Is the audience masked?

It was recorded back in September so it's been in the can for some time.

The Masked Singer and a "masked audience"
AS
Ash101

So happy they're going to do a Series 2, it was a no brainer really, I think it will be slightly different for obvious reasons, if there's not going to be an audience, how are the votes going to be done if it's pre-recorded?

Series 1 was pre-recorded too. And done September for January airing too, I believe.

Didn’t think it would work having this type of show in the can for so long before showing, but none of S1 contestants got spoilt in the press.

Presumably it’ll run for the same number of weeks, as S1 Week 1 consisted of double episodes on Saturday and the Sunday - so it just starts a week earlier this time with no double weekend.
RD
RDJ
Didn’t think it would work having this type of show in the can for so long before showing, but none of S1 contestants got spoilt in the press.

No they didn't. Which was quite impressive for a show that had a studio audience. Though of course measures were taken to remove most of the audience before the big reveal happened.
IT
itvblocks

RDJ posted:

No they didn't. Which was quite impressive for a show that had a studio audience. Though of course measures were taken to remove most of the audience before the big reveal happened.

I would imagine it's a limited audience this time around.

Really excited for Series 2, one of the only good things to come out of 2020 for me and obviously a lot of other people felt the same way too, definitely in a mental perspective as well where I would be looking forward to watching an episode every week, thinking about who one of singers might be on the bus back home from college.

It was fun, it was silly, it was something were people could really let their hair down, Unicorn and Fox were amazing in Series 1, Hedgehog too.
JA
james-2001
I imagine there won't be any US celebrities (unless they're UK based) this time, so nobody like Kelis, Cee-lo or Jake Shears this time.
JO
Jonwo
Ken Jeong has been replaced by Mo Gilligan for this series as he couldn't travel due to restrictions.
itvblocks and Sh1ruba gave kudos

Newer posts