The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Another reporter live from a county boundary on the One yet again pointing out it’s Tier 2 over there, and Tier 3 over there. Have we not exhausted this method of reporting yet?!

Quite. I'm sick to death of all the shots of the NI/Eire border signage on the A1/N1 near Newry every time Ireland's Brexit issues are reported

Meridian had a report from the Sheppy Crossing the other day and didn't show any footage of the island itself. They instead showed video of Faversham Town Centre (also in Swale but with far less cases). They obviously didn't want to go to Sheppey
TM
TMD_24
Robert Peston is back to self-isolating from home again as a family member has tested positive for the virus which means Anushka Asthana is presenting, Paul Brand is at the screen and Peston will be contributing from home for his show tonight.

JK
JKDerry
Will we ever forget the phrase "self isolation"? When all this ends, I think the scars of this pandemic will never heal.
WO
Worzel
Is it me or is the picture 'off' on the shot of Boris Johnson at the No 10 Press Briefing?

Edit: Only seems to be one camera being used for some reason.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
The front-on shot is definitely very "colourful", compared to the side shot which looks grey and washed out.
WO
Worzel
The front-on shot is definitely very "colourful", compared to the side shot which looks grey and washed out.

The angle seems different too as if the camera's tripod is too low and the camera's pointing upwards.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Yeah now you've said that I get school vibes, like your headteacher is standing on a raised stage in front of you.
BR
Brekkie
Robert Peston is back to self-isolating from home again as a family member has tested positive for the virus which means Anushka Asthana is presenting, Paul Brand is at the screen and Peston will be contributing from home for his show tonight.

Will be interesting to see how she does as other than doing the virtual stuff on election night not really seen her outside the Screeny role.
JO
Jonwo
I'm surprised they've not given Paul Brand the chance to replace Peston and have Anushka in her usual role.
RD
RDJ

Will be interesting to see how she does as other than doing the virtual stuff on election night not really seen her outside the Screeny role

Anoushka presenting at the desk and Paul on Screeny happened earlier in the year when Robert self-isolated first time round.

She was ok. Bit wooden reading autocue but in her stride when asking questions. Robert still asked the majority of questions from home.
:-(
A former member
Jonwo posted:
I'm surprised they've not given Paul Brand the chance to replace Peston and have Anushka in her usual role.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Paul Brand was Preston’s successor at some point in the future.
Jonwo, London Lite and UTVLifer gave kudos
UT
UTVLifer
Jonwo posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Paul Brand was Preston’s successor at some point in the future.

I could quite easily have watched Paul Brand all night yesterday, Anushka always seems a little bit too wooden and reliant on the autocue.

Agree that Paul Brand could maybe be a Peston successor in the future as of all ITV's current political correspondents he is one of the better ones

Newer posts