TV Home Forum

Alison Hammond and Dermot O'Leary to join This Morning team

The dynamic duo will share hosting duties with Phillip, Holly, Eamonn and Ruth from January 2021. (November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DK
DanielK
Quote:
Alison and Dermot are set to become regular hosts on This Morning.

The dynamic duo will share hosting duties with Phillip, Holly, Eamonn and Ruth from January 2021.

Alison and Dermot will host This Morning on Fridays from 8 January 2021, whilst Eamonn and Ruth will continue to host the show during key holidays.

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/alison-hammond-and-dermot-oleary-to-join-this-morning-presenting-family
JO
Josh
So turns out it was right all along.
JO
Jon

I wouldn’t be surprised if Eamonn & Ruth are completely fine with this and they may be compensated with other shows, Ruth getting an extra day or so on Loose Women maybe and Eamonn getting more days on Good Morning Britain for example. It certainly seems their supposed digs recently seemed more like they were trying to wind the press up then being genuinely angry.
AL
alexjac0788
The only good thing is that we'll still see Eamonn & Ruth during all school holidays, not just the summer as was initially reported.

Still strongly believe it's the wrong decision. Having been loyal to the programme for years, the manner in which they've been removed from their regular hosting duties is appalling.
ginnyfan and Meridian AM gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Well didn't see that coming. Wink

Nice to see Eamonn being graceful about it and with Andrea leaving Loose Women I suspect Ruth will pick up an extra day so ultimately not lose out on too much airtime.
JO
Jonwo
Well didn't see that coming. Wink

Nice to see Eamonn being graceful about it and with Andrea leaving Loose Women I suspect Ruth will pick up an extra day so ultimately not lose out on too much airtime.

TBH both Eamonn and Ruth have been in the business long enough to know that television is a fickle business. One minute you're on top of the world, the next on the scrapheap.
BR
Brekkie
To be honest they deserve a bit of time off. I know they only do Fridays most of the year but they rarely seem to get a full week off, often presenting the Friday before and after they do a full week.

Will be interesting to see what happens on the Fridays Alison and Dermot don't do.

Whatever happens it'll keep the show in the press - I'm sure the tension with Phil and Holly is already being scripted in the offices of a certain tabloid.
AL
alexjac0788
Jon posted:

The replies under this say it all.
AN
Andrew Founding member
It's twitter - the response is always the opposite opinion to what has been announced

Don't forget a few months ago the twitter opinion was that Eamonn was the worst person ever and should be removed from TV forever
JO
Jonwo
To be honest they deserve a bit of time off. I know they only do Fridays most of the year but they rarely seem to get a full week off, often presenting the Friday before and after they do a full week.

In a way it's a great opportunity to do other things.
BR
Brekkie
By Twitter standards the replies are quite muted - understandably a bit of love shown to Eamonn and Ruth but also generally positive for Alison and Dermot too.

It's a risky decision but to be frank British television could do with more risky decisions being taken.
AL
alexjac0788
It's twitter - the response is always the opposite opinion to what has been announced

Don't forget a few months ago the twitter opinion was that Eamonn was the worst person ever and should be removed from TV forever

No, not always. I see people who are genuinely upset that a very popular presenting duo is being demoted.

The good thing about This Morning is that Mon-Thu you get one style of presenting, and then on Friday you get something completely different (i.e. something for everyone). I happen to like both, but not everyone does and the variation between the two is healthy. Now, the whole week will be pretty much the same.
Meridian AM and Ballyboy gave kudos

Newer posts