TV Home Forum

The Wheel

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Not really a problem though when there is a solution that works. A "flyaway" is surely apt for the location too.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Jonwo posted:
Jonwo posted:
Bovingdon is turning out to be a really good space for TV shows, I'm surprised it's not used more often.

Is it a bit of a problem getting audiences to the studio? When audiences were allowed of course, was it hard to get people to the studio?

They don't seem to have issues with Dancing on Ice or The Masked Singer audience wise though it is a bit of a trek compared to Elstree.

Being out of the way, there will surely be a car park for audience members, which you don’t get in a central London location?
VA
valley
Not really a problem though when there is a solution that works. A "flyaway" is surely apt for the location too.

Yes, but an OB/flyaway is an extra cost and more crew likely required.
And yes, flyaway is apt for the location!
JO
Jonwo
The theme tune was written by Paul Farrer best known for The Weakest Link and The Chase.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prulxkJ3r64
DM
DeMarkay
Jesus, not everything has to be a Paul Farrer composition. The man best known for reusing elements from one theme tune and putting it into another.

Examples: Poker Face, Dancing on Ice, The Weakest Link, The Chase, The Real Housewives of Cheshire and Winning Combination.

They all sound similar if not the same.

What’s worse is that I can instantly tell when it’s a Paul Farrer composition, just by the way the theme builds up.
what and Meridian AM gave kudos
RO
robharrison
Great set and idea but I found it incredibly slow and a bit unpolished. Yet another gameshow that would have worked better and felt more exciting as a 30 minute production, that’s all the game took to play, the rest was just filler!
commseng and Brekkie gave kudos
:-(
A former member
There’s a lot of fat to trim, and the speed the celebrities spin at (at least on the GoPro shot) is motion sickness inducing to me at least - but - enjoyable overall.

If this does continue I really hope What category would you like next? doesn’t become What’s your strategy? from DOND - it’s bloody random, just get on with it.
MI
m_in_m
The real positive for me was it was a socially distanced show that made no mention of it. There was no real obvious sign of needing to adjust it - it felt normal from that point.
Alfie Mulcahy and JamesLaverty1925 gave kudos
DE
DE88
Jesus, not everything has to be a Paul Farrer composition.

There are quite a lot of compositions by Marc Sylvan too... Wink
PF
PFML84
It was rather slow and padded, and no matter how much I try, I just can't warm to McIntyre's hosting or 'comedy' style so don't think I'll bother tuning in next week.

If every question is answered correctly first time, that means there's only 8 questions asked in total over the entire hour programme! The rest is filler. If someone wins and there's plenty of time left do they play again and have a rollover contestant or is it only ever one winner per episode, because if it is only one and they are clever enough the show could be over very quickly and they have to add a lot of guff to fill up that 60 minute time slot.
BR
Brekkie
The real positive for me was it was a socially distanced show that made no mention of it. There was no real obvious sign of needing to adjust it - it felt normal from that point.

I think that is more by accident than design. The design couldn't be much smaller really.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
I like the basic idea of the format, with one of the celebrities being an expert in each topic and the random choice of who helps, and it was a nicely broad mix of celebs in the first episode, but agree that the pace of questions was far too slow.

Newer posts