The Gallery

Sky... again

featuring a redesigned Sky News (May 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DW
DavidWhitfield
Just saw this, PATV - looks great to me!

Love the way that you've taken the best elements from the NBC and Sky News election presentation and merged them into some very pleasing hybrid designs. Very inventive, and it all works together very nicely.

The subtle 'shimmering stars' effect looks great and is a fitting example of how you always go the extra mile to make your mocks as visually appealing as possible, even perfecting the little details that a casual viewer may very easily miss.

Can't praise this enough. A joy to view your updates as ever. Thumbs up

19 days later

PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Hi again,

A few little updates on Sky News, mainly updating areas with Sky Headline.

Firstly, an animation tester for the America Decides stars, decided to keep the sting mostly the same just swapping the logos.

Onto the main straps, originally I did want to keep the straps all Sky Text as I didn't think it looked right with Sky History using the Ultra Condensed font, though seeing the America Decides graphics has made me reconsider slightly. So the main straps are adapting to use Headline although I don't think it works for names or programme titles, so they would stay as they are, as seen earlier on this thread.

And a change to the wipes

Main Wipe

Live Wipe

Breaking News Wipe

Breaking News Sting, a longer version of the wipe, using the app notification sound, as a comparison with the MSNBC Breaking News sting with NBC's three notes.
RS
RSTV
That Looks Cool Love The DOG
RS
RSTV
Can We Have The Clean Logo Please
UK
UKTVSpark
This is great! Keep it up!
PS: Would you be able to do a Sky One Mock?
DW
DavidWhitfield
RSTV posted:

Would you be able to do a Sky One Mock?

For the benefit of the newer members, I would politely advise that the comments section in The Gallery is principally for offering constructive feedback and comments on the poster's work.
Users who have worked hard on projects like this likely won't take too kindly to being sent requests like 'can I have clean version of X' and 'can you do one for Y next'.
JL
J. Lyric
RSTV posted:

Would you be able to do a Sky One Mock?

For the benefit of the newer members, I would politely advise that the comments section in The Gallery is principally for offering constructive feedback and comments on the poster's work.
Users who have worked hard on projects like this likely won't take too kindly to being sent requests like 'can I have clean version of X' and 'can you do one for Y next'.

I wanted to say all that, but couldn't find the words.
DeMarkay and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos

14 days later

PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Hi once again,

Not a massive post, been working on achieving the textures used on the Christmas versions of the logos, so I thought I'd post a new board with the normal logos as I've updated colours and corrected sizings to match some of the updated logos that have come out since the last time I posted one of these, such as Sky Sports. Then afterwards applied the Christmas ice and snow effects to the channel logos.

I've set these on a transparent background, as some look better on lighter backgrounds, some on darker, so if you have the setting on to switch between them, then you're in luck.

PA
PATV Scunthorpe

Over the weekend I've had a look at the Press Preview and the slides used for displaying the front pages. I initially placed out everything the same as the current look, making some small alterations afterwards

After this I sought some inspiration from the generic trailer endboards, making it a vertical design

I've also been exploring the idents for Sky One, Two and Three. By keeping the Sky Two and Sky Three brands, I like the idea of continuing the idea of subtle changes in the same set of idents, as well as the solids, liquids and gases.

So far it's a little awkward as I've tried to adapt the Boxes ident from 2008 with the logos, as these idents were about the numerals, I've selected a frame prior to the number forming, although sometimes it can feel like the logo is a little stranded, so I may try to form some original idents.

The spoilers contain versions where I originally placed the logo in front of the numeral and was formed in the same way from the solid, liquid and gas.

DW
DavidWhitfield
What an utter joy to behold your work yet again. It just gets better and better. The attention to detail is extraordinary; even going to the trouble of icing up the logos on your little banners for Christmas. What a marvel. Those idents could very easily be used on television and are visually very impressive. Lovely work. Have an extra mince pie on me.
JosiahStuart and PATV Scunthorpe gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Just stunning, and a reminder of how good that Sky 1/2/3 look actually was.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Hi again,

Back to America Decides, and I've finally gotten round to finishing the sting, and are going to continue with the few example videos in the coming days. The sting uses largely the same animations as the original, just adapting them to fit in with the NBC/Sky hybrid logo I introduced on the last page of this thread.

Newer posts