TV Home Forum

Christmas TV 2020

JO
Jonwo
Do the Julia Donaldson animations usually get decent ratings? Could it be as a lead in for The Queen? Though you would assume that most people would view her majesty on BBC One anyway.

As for the schedule itself, it is safe. I’m surprised that they’ve given a Christmas Day slot, or at least a prominent slot to strictly after the reaction to the highlights packages prior to this series. I suppose the only way to do a proper Christmas show this year would have been to have used this years contestants.

The Snail and the Whale was on before The Queen last year and did well. I do think it'd be better to put it at 3.10pm as it would make sense to have Early Man, an Aardman film paired with Wallace and Gromit.

I think if they were planning to put NGO on Christmas Day, they would have done it a long time ago.
IS
Inspector Sands
Jonwo posted:

The Goes Wrong Show hasn't done well enough to earn a Christmas Day slot, likewise NGO.

Why does it have to, surely getting a Christmas day slot is more to do with the content of the programme and who it will appeal to?

Goes Wrong is a great choice for Christmas Day, it's a family comedy that works on several levels, and it's about the Nativity. Even if it does need to earn its place its the third Christmas show they've done, the others around the 26th /27th
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 27 November 2020 9:25am
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse Central (West) Midlands Today
JAS84 posted:
That doesn't surprise me. I knew Big Show couldn't happen, and Wheel is it's replacement with the same presenter. I assume Doctor Who will be on New Year's Day like it has been for the last couple of years?

Only one year
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8EmCnoa_w4h6qqHHSwHf0Q
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
Amanda Holden appeared on this morning’s ‘This Morning’ this morning where she revealed that BGT will be airing on Christmas Day including the judges each doing a performance. We can assume that Amanda will be singing and that Ashley will be dancing. Will it be singing or dancing from Alesha and stand up or a sketch from David?
JO
Joe
this morning’s ‘This Morning’ this morning

Fantastic work.
TV
iloveTV1 London London
Updated provisional bbc one Christmas special:

1.15pm Early Man
2.35pm Zog & the Flying Doctors
3.00pm The Queen
3.10pm Coco
4.45pm Strictly
6.00pm Michael McIntyre The Wheel
7.00pm Blankety Blank
7.30pm Call the Midwife
9.00pm EastEnders
9.45pm Mrs Brown's Boys
Joined on 29th December 2019.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Blankety Blank would probably do a better job later - would fit in nicely between EastEnders and Mrs Browns Boys.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
JO
Jonwo
Blankety Blank would probably do a better job later - would fit in nicely between EastEnders and Mrs Browns Boys.

I can't imagine Blankety Blank is the type of show that would do well in a 9.45pm slot.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
JAS84 posted:
That doesn't surprise me. I knew Big Show couldn't happen, and Wheel is it's replacement with the same presenter. I assume Doctor Who will be on New Year's Day like it has been for the last couple of years?

Only one year
2019 and 2020 is two years, Spyfall was just the first episode of the season proper instead of a special, but still aired on 1/1 like Resolution did. Capaldi's last episode, Twice Upon a Time, was Christmas Day 2017.
https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Twice_Upon_a_Time_(TV_story)
https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Resolution_(TV_story)
https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Spyfall_(TV_story)
AlfieMulcahy and Cold Open gave kudos
AJ
AJB39
Updated provisional bbc one Christmas special:

1.15pm Early Man
2.35pm Zog & the Flying Doctors
3.00pm The Queen
3.10pm Coco
4.45pm Strictly
6.00pm Michael McIntyre The Wheel
7.00pm Blankety Blank
7.30pm Call the Midwife
9.00pm EastEnders
9.45pm Mrs Brown's Boys

I’m glad Wallace and Gromit has been dropped from the post Queen’s Speech slot. It made no sense to show something that has been shown many times before in that slot. I’ll watch Michael McIntyre’s show and Blankety Blank and see what they’re like.
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Presumably EastEnders is down to 45 mins because of Covid filming restrictions?
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
A wonderful trailer has just aired before I’m A Celeb featuring a bearded Christmas king preparing his elves and Stephen Mulhern to deliver a packed Christmas TV schedule to get everybody into the Christmas spirit, ending with a caption saying ‘Do It for Christmas’.

EDIT: Here it is:
Last edited by fanoftv on 27 November 2020 9:14pm
Josh, Square Eyes and Brekkie gave kudos

Newer posts