The Newsroom

Sky News

Kay Burley Off-Air for 6 months | Beth Rigby for 3 months - Covid Breach

SK
skyviewer
Does anyone know whether SkyNews has abandoned the plans to impelement the new logo/look. Seems like (or actually is) an eternity since the last overhaul and the right moment has not been hit.
UT
UTVLifer Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Does anyone know whether SkyNews has abandoned the plans to impelement the new logo/look. Seems like (or actually is) an eternity since the last overhaul and the right moment has not been hit.

As Sky News is either usually way ahead or way behind when it comes to new logos.

I Would suspect that if Covid calms down next Spring if vaccines are successfully rolled out across the Uk then they'll implement the new look...doubt there will be a refresh this side of the Christmas and/or Biden's inauguration in January.

Aren't the US Election anchors (Kay, Gillan, Dermot and Adam) all set to be released from quarantine this week?
CW
CraigWills Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Midnight til 6am is coming from studio 6 today. I think there maybe some problems with the big screen in the glass box; Anna Jones (at 11pm was) sitting in a different position and the screen is out of vision including on the Press Preview where the guests are usually on the screen.
Last edited by CraigWills on 23 November 2020 12:57am
VA
valley
Midnight til 6am is coming from studio 6 today. I think there maybe some problems with the big screen in the glass box; Anna Jones (at 11pm was) sitting in a different position and the screen is out of vision including on the Press Preview where the guests are usually on the screen.

Early Rundown back to Studio 21 as normal at 6.
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)

Which shot did they end up using?
LH
lhx1985 Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
That would be this one.

ME
mediamonkeyuk Granada North West Today
There was talk in the ITV News thread of a potential rebrand coming soon and it got me thinking of their fantastic 2008-2009 News At Ten look

Surely Sky could have used their VR studio to do something like this for some of their shows, it would look miles better than what they actually used the VR (randomly creating a fake version of Sky Centre when they could have just had the real thing from the glass box) for.

It would certainly be an improvement on those washed out Westminster back drops coming out of Millbank for much of the day
SK
skyviewer
Deeply needed, the coverage from 9pm in the glass box has been a big joke presentationwise since the last 3 years. This unidentifiable plain blue 2D “background” of the big screen is part of the worst presentation I have seen on television. It is as I would take a default open office slide background and make it even worse. Don’t understand the thinking behind it, it is not that SkyNews can’t do it miles better.
Ittr and Meridian AM gave kudos
BF
BFGArmy Channel Channel Islands
Lines like "the worst presentation I have seen on television" and calling output "a big joke presentationwise" really don't do this forum much favours, particularly amongst those who work in the industry.

Is it particularly great presentation? Not really. However, it's more than sufficient for what Sky require for those hours and is pretty clean and minimalist on-screen. If it was worst presentation seen on screen, you'd be imagining the average member of the public would be up in arms over it/mocking it whereas your average Joe Bloggs probably has no strong views on the presentation of those hours.
CW
CraigWills Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

Which shot did they end up using?

They switched to this half way through News at Ten, while the Press Preview was done with a three way boxed split screen, with Anna in the centre.
ME
mediaman2007
Has Dermot's autocue stopped working he keeps reading from his script
VA
valley
Has Dermot's autocue stopped working he keeps reading from his script

Yes. Prompt unit on his main camera has died.

Newer posts