TV Home Forum

I’m A Celebrity .... 2020

(August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Launch show has consolidated to 14.26m - most watched launch ever and second highest rated show in it's history.
GO
gottago

They are using less than half the personnel than they would ordinarily, so presumably crew on location are working every day. So I expect it's to give them at least a day off?
That's what I mean from my post though, I'm not really sure who's actually getting a day off other than the studio lot.

I've known a few people who worked on it in Oz and they've said they work the three weeks without any days off normally anyway. They're editorial staff though while the camera, lighting etc crew will likely be unionised so they would actually be getting properly timed shifts and days off, or compensated properly if not.

How about the people actually editing the VTs?

It's one thing pointing all the cameras at the trial and the challenge, but another packaging it up into a nice 5 minutes?

True, although they're all based in London rather than onsite according to a post earlier in this thread so I'd assume their team is reasonably similar to what they'd normally have for the seven episodes a week schedule?
UN
Universal_r
I wonder if they’ll continue with the highlights show or if they do maybe drop it for next year, considering the criticism and lower ratings than normal.
JO
Jonwo
I wonder if they’ll continue with the highlights show or if they do maybe drop it for next year, considering the criticism and lower ratings than normal.

It's likely the highlights are a one-off for this year as the situation will hopefully be a lot better by this time next year.
JA
JAS84
Yeah, we should all be vaccinated by Easter. Not sure if they can go back to the jungle or will need to use the castle again, but social distancing should certainly be a thing of the past 12 months from now.
JA
james-2001
With any luck it will be a thing of the past 6 months from now.
IN
Interceptor
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/nov/24/welsh-police-investigate-im-a-celebrity-non-native-species-aoe

It'll be interesting to see where this goes.
nigel and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member
Makes a change from Chris Packham complaining about the show, he usually does every year
BL
bluecortina
Gosh, these people are boring.
AA
aaron_scotland

It does seem like the only highlight of the show last night was AJ washing Shanes pots.. And I bet you the reaction shot from Shane looking pissed off was from something entirely different, good old reality TV.
JA
james-2001
I think they meant the people who complain about the show every year are boring.
AN
Andrew Founding member

It does seem like the only highlight of the show last night was AJ washing Shanes pots.. And I bet you the reaction shot from Shane looking pissed off was from something entirely different, good old reality TV.

Show more footage from camp they said. Don't fill the show up with just the trial and the castle coins challenge they said.

Newer posts