The Newsroom

.... and finally

bulletin Items that lift the gloom .... (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
A tribute thread, which will no doubt feature 99.9pct Simon McCoy, anyhow...

A home for scripted and unscripted news witticisms ....

Starting with

NE
News96
Followed almost immediately by this!

DE88, Alfie Mulcahy and BFGArmy gave kudos
VA
valley

A shame they had to put that flipper headline on screen at that time. Seems a little insensitive?

Isn't the flipper (like most tickers) just going to keep flipping/scrolling through automatically?
BB
BBI45

A shame they had to put that flipper headline on screen at that time. Seems a little insensitive?

Isn't the flipper (like most tickers) just going to keep flipping/scrolling through automatically?

Well yes. I think a better way to describe it would be as a unfortunate coincidence.
JO
Jonwo
Another corker from Simon McCoy from a few years ago:
DV
DVB Cornwall
Told you he’d dominate

IS
Isonstine Founding member
Excuse the quality, unfortunately it's the best I can find but this is an amazing way to end a story.

JO
Jonwo
The fact neither Jane or Tomasz could keep a straight face is what makes it funnier.

Here's one from a few years of the best News at Ten ...and finally:
VM
VMPhil
Excuse the quality, unfortunately it's the best I can find but this is an amazing way to end a story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxatQ077nZE

Wow, turn on subtitles to see Tomasz's surprisingly honest summary of that day's weather.

18 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
It's that man again...

JO
Jonwo
They give Simon the best stories don't they!

Another dog related story from last year:
DA
davidhorman
Is someone rolling that autocue or is it automatic? I suppose they can't afford a speech recognition cock-up although I found it very reliable when I tested a system 10+ years ago.

Newer posts