TV Home Forum

The Chase | Beat the Chasers

Beat the Chasers S2 launches Sun 3 Jan

JL
JamesLaverty1925 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Best rating ever for yesterdays show apparently

Was it advertised that a new chaser was joining?

It's been rumoured for weeks he'd be joining about now. Reckon some have been watching for a while to see when he would appear
DE88 and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Still waiting for an Eggheads vs The Chasers.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Clear water now (and for quite some time I think) between The Chase and Pointless which for many years were pretty much neck and neck - Pointless now generally somewhere between 2-3m according to Mark Labett.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
DE88 and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
Clear water now (and for quite some time I think) between The Chase and Pointless which for many years were pretty much neck and neck - Pointless now generally somewhere between 2-3m according to Mark Labett.

Pointless is in no danger of being axed if it's doing 2-3m.

I think Pointless Celebrities tends to do better than Celebrity Chase on occasions so it's a valuable show to the BBC.
TV
iloveTV1 London London
Jonwo posted:

Pointless is in no danger of being axed if it's doing 2-3m.

I think Pointless Celebrities tends to do better than Celebrity Chase on occasions so it's a valuable show to the BBC.

That’s not what the original post was getting at. It was saying that the Chase now does better than pointless.
Joined on 29th December 2019.
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I remember when the Vixen started, people couldn’t take to her, and she wasn’t perceived to be that good.

Now though, I believe statistically she is the strongest chaser

The One Question Shootout Twitter account helpfully posted this after the debut:

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
DE88, UBox and Brekkie gave kudos
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
It's a great week for new chaser names. US chasers are The Professor, The Buzzsaw (yeah, me neither) and The High Roller.

Stay at Home. Watch TV. Post about it on TVF.
TV
TVZone_

JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Makes sense. Didn't they film two runs back to back? The second hasn't aired yet, and was made before he became a Chaser, so of course he's absent.
TV
TVZone_
JAS84 posted:
Makes sense. Didn't they film two runs back to back? The second hasn't aired yet, and was made before he became a Chaser, so of course he's absent.

They're currently filming "the second series" of BTC, but yes there were unused footage from the recording of the first series. S2 will look different for obvious reasons, so if they want continuity they might not use them.
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

I presume you've taken this from his and Jenny's This Morning interview. Jenny said they're filming this week, wonder whether they're going to have an audience at all and whether the chasers are in a bubble or separated with screens.
Stay at Home. Watch TV. Post about it on TVF.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
A wise decision - he needs time to bed in and establish his persona before joining the other Chasers.

Do we know when this new series was filmed - was it just before Covid or actually last year?
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.

Newer posts