The Gallery

BBC Newsline In Form of July 2019 Reith Regional News Look

Title Says it all (November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
Hello Everyone. firstly i'd like to apologise for the lack of audio in the video. there was music but there was a error so i do apologise.

I'd Wondered what BBC Newsline would look like in the form of the Regional Look in July 2019. Scrapping the NI Map was a big change but i am happy with it. I didn't make a full version until i got your feedback first.

Credit to Mike W for the Regions. AEP folder i am very grateful mate

Last edited by Ballyboy on 22 November 2020 6:43pm
AndrewPSSP, Willz and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
BS
BiggieSMLZ
Looks very good indeed! I certainly like how accurate the opening is to the English regions.

What I'd suggest though is this: How about having different colors for each nation? (eg. blue for Reporting Scotland)
IT
Ittr
I understand this may be frustrating to hear once more, but all you're really doing is just changing text and images in templates created by other people - it isn't your mock.
BA
Ballyboy
it's not frustrating. like i said i might make a full version of the Newsline Titles once i master the rotating place names
Last edited by Ballyboy on 22 November 2020 7:22pm - 2 times in total
RF
rfr1
Can only echo what Ittr has said. You’ve changed a template around (which in itself isn’t completely accurate, the wipe to the programme title is too fast and not as fluid as the official sequence) without taking it apart and working with it to create even part of a full sequence.

I’d keep going with this rather than binning and deleting it as per many of your other mocks, but work on other shots in the sequence and, talking from a stylistic point of view and also bearing in mind this may help broaden your horizons in After Effects and give you a challenge: maybe find a way to include the Newsline yellow/amber in the rings along with the BBC News red.
MW
Mike W
rfr1 posted:
Can only echo what Ittr has said. You’ve changed a template around (which in itself isn’t completely accurate, the wipe to the programme title is too fast and not as fluid as the official sequence) without taking it apart and working with it to create even part of a full sequence.

I’d keep going with this rather than binning and deleting it as per many of your other mocks, but work on other shots in the sequence and, talking from a stylistic point of view and also bearing in mind this may help broaden your horizons in After Effects and give you a challenge: maybe find a way to include the Newsline yellow/amber in the rings along with the BBC News red.

Exactly what is said here; the original template was made in my spare time for people to mess with and have an idea on how to change it, all you've done is change the programme name, BBC News box and place names and insert your own footage.

Look at how the individual elements come together and go from there - don't just assume because you have a template it's 'your' work. As rfr1 has also said it's not a 100% accurate template at that!
RO
rob Founding member
Do you have to use all caps in your thread title?
BA
Ballyboy
fixed it now. I was gonna attempt the BBC South East Today titles from 2007-2008. it's modified radio waves and a decoder expression which is quite easy for me personally. once I've took my time on that and you approve it i'll come back to the newsline titles.
Last edited by Ballyboy on 23 November 2020 1:58pm
PF
PFML84
Regarding the placenames that are spinning around, might be best to start with the 5 main cities and work from there. You left out Armagh and mis-spelled Crumlin as Crunlin. Laughing
Last edited by PFML84 on 24 November 2020 7:59am
BA
Ballyboy
Thank for pointing that out. I’ll get to it later. got some college work to do first.

Newer posts