TV Home Forum

Freeview fails to find the difference between mocks...

...and reality...

LN
LondonNewsBites London London

Found this on the official Freeview website about the new Pop Player which has recently launched.
https://www.freeview.co.uk/blogs/brand-new-pop-player-launches-freeview-play
As you can see, this is a fanmade promo...

Similar to the Sky Pick incident...

The rest of the videos on the page are by the official uploaders.
Get down to Complico for complicated deals!
LW
LWTfan1968 Recently warned World News
I woulda thought it was real if it weren't for the comic sans.
I think the reason I don't get replies is because I'm 5 hours behind most of the forum.
LN
LondonNewsBites London London
I woulda thought it was real if it weren't for the comic sans.

And the Made with K i n e m a s t e r watermark...
Last edited by LondonNewsBites on 21 November 2020 10:11pm
Get down to Complico for complicated deals!
Rexogamer, Matthew_Fieldhouse and Ittr gave kudos
MO
Mockah Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I personally think that they just don't care anymore about whether whatever they're posting is a mock or not
FO
FanOfTV99 Granada North West Today
Didn't Google at one point use a mocked BBC Parliament logo for their wiki thing?
Stay Safe.

You'll Never Walk Alone
MI
Michael
The best one was the CARLTON-style Challenge logo that one of use made which ended up on an official TV Guide or app or something.
NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
steve
steviegTVreturns
JB
JasonB London London

Which member made that up?
Have you washed your hands?
GH
Ghost Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

Which member made that up?

It was VMPhil.
623058: Maybe it you clooks!
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
Yep and people at the BBC were a bit annoyed about it Embarassed Not my fault that Google chose it as the main logo though!

The best one was the CARLTON-style Challenge logo that one of use made which ended up on an official TV Guide or app or something.

That was funny because it appeared on Sky's online TV guide, the company that actually owned the channel.
ST
steveboswell Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
On a similar tangent, my LG smart TV displays logos next to the channel names, but I can only assume they're partly automated because some are in full colour and some are all-white.

Most of the +1 channels are using a logo that's at least one rebrand out of date (e.g. ITV2+1 is red, More4+1 still uses the multicoloured triangles) and some are just completely wrong: Gems TV has the logo for Gem from Australia!
SA
satellitebadger Anglia (East) Look East
On a similar tangent, my LG smart TV displays logos next to the channel names, but I can only assume they're partly automated because some are in full colour and some are all-white.

Most of the +1 channels are using a logo that's at least one rebrand out of date (e.g. ITV2+1 is red, More4+1 still uses the multicoloured triangles) and some are just completely wrong: Gems TV has the logo for Gem from Australia!

I’ve got an LG with a satellite tuner. My favourite logo error is music channel The Box, which has the logo of the Box file sharing service!
steveboswell, Rexogamer and thegeek gave kudos

Newer posts