TV Home Forum

New BBC One ident

Bakers incoming?

AR
Argybargy Granada North West Today
Duncan Newmarch has tweeted the following message this evening:-

"You’re expecting me to comment on this years BBC1 Christmas idents? They’ve made me feel warm and cosy........ Not long to wait."
Rexogamer, paul_hadley and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
TI
timbouk
The one show are apparently having the Christmas titles/Decorations on from December 1st. Normally they only do this on the last two weeks of shows before Christmas so I think the Christmas Idents might be launched on December 1st.
AR
Argybargy Granada North West Today
The one show are apparently having the Christmas titles/Decorations on from December 1st. Normally they only do this on the last two weeks of shows before Christmas so I think the Christmas Idents might be launched on December 1st.

Yep, looks quite likely, doesn't it? I remember The One Show officially launched the Christmas idents in 2012 (the "It's Showtime" campaign) by showing a special montage during the December 1st edition. The ident itself then premiered in the next junction.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Jonwo posted:
The News red is a different shade to the One red so they can somewhat get away with it. BBC Three and iPlayer both use pink and isn't any qualms about that.

Three and iPlayer are also both online-only, probably the pink is to mark that.
No - Three was already pink when it had it's previous logo, when it was still a linear channel.
DD
DemonDays Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I'd imagine the first Christmas junction to come on the 1st Dec, like it did last year.

I still remember excitedly exclaiming "It's Feel Good Inc!" last year when it debuted. I love that album, it's Gorillaz's best (see username) and it did amuse me that they'd use such an anticonsumerist song for such a consumerist festival.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Just hope this year they've actually commissioned idents rather than a reject John Lewis ad which they cut snippets from.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
I still remember excitedly exclaiming "It's Feel Good Inc!" last year when it debuted. I love that album, it's Gorillaz's best (see username) and it did amuse me that they'd use such an anticonsumerist song for such a consumerist festival.

Watching it back now is a little surreal with Graham moaning about 2019... if only he was to know what 2020 would bring!
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I can't even remember what was supposed to be bad about 2019?!

Those youngsters who 'haven't moved for three series' - they'll get through more than that when they are furloughed
Rexogamer, Ittr and dbl gave kudos
JF
JetixFann450 Central Reporting Scotland
And that anime/video game reference. Bleugh. Couldn't be as worse as when Woolworths tried it.
Do you even read these?
DD

Watching it back now is a little surreal with Graham moaning about 2019... if only he was to know what 2020 would bring!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACjdP_Pxf40

I had that same thought too! Smile

God, I miss those days. Back when the coronavirus was just a glint in a bat's eye.
DD
I hope the Christmas idents aren't lockdown-themed...
JB
JasonB London London
I hope the Christmas idents aren't lockdown-themed...

"Opening presents across the nation"
Have you washed your hands?

Newer posts