The Newsroom

Old BBC News video clips archive

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I realised that I have an awful lot of old video clips that I recorded from various BBC News outlets between about 2001 and 2004 and it's all just sitting there doing nothing and never sees the light of day.

So, I thought I'd upload it all to Dropbox and give you all access to it. It's a real treasure trove of stuff from BBC One news, News 24, BBC World, North West Tonight etc. Mainly regular bulletins, but also some mistakes and oddities like joint weekends between News 24 and World. I've also got some recordings from when News 24 were in TC10 during the autumn of 2003.

I've tried to organise it into various subfolders for ease of navigation. Please accept my apologies in advance for the terrible quality of a lot of the earlier stuff. I'd urge you to turn your speakers down for those as the sound is very loud. I seemed to get a handle on recording stuff by about 2003 so the later stuff is a bit better. I've tried to omit clips that I downloaded from websites and were sent by friends etc. I hope none have slipped through - I'm 99% sure I recorded everything here myself.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8xbomdi2p1wjfsb/AACj_u-yDtZQXmMHuTkzbsWLa?dl=0

Enjoy!
RD
Roger Darthwell
I realised that I have an awful lot of old video clips that I recorded from various BBC News outlets between about 2001 and 2004 and it's all just sitting there doing nothing and never sees the light of day.

So, I thought I'd upload it all to Dropbox and give you all access to it. It's a real treasure trove of stuff from BBC One news, News 24, BBC World, North West Tonight etc. Mainly regular bulletins, but also some mistakes and oddities like joint weekends between News 24 and World. I've also got some recordings from when News 24 were in TC10 during the autumn of 2003.

I've tried to organise it into various subfolders for ease of navigation. Please accept my apologies in advance for the terrible quality of a lot of the earlier stuff. I'd urge you to turn your speakers down for those as the sound is very loud. I seemed to get a handle on recording stuff by about 2003 so the later stuff is a bit better. I've tried to omit clips that I downloaded from websites and were sent by friends etc. I hope none have slipped through - I'm 99% sure I recorded everything here myself.

Enjoy!

You could upload it to youtube!
IT

Enjoy!

Nice idea and I did think of it, but I would be there forever uploading that many clips.
RD
Roger Darthwell

Enjoy!

Nice idea and I did think of it, but I would be there forever uploading that many clips.

I would advise you to do it anyway mate! Would be a great gift to the world!
IT

The other thing that puts me off YouTube is the toxic comments you get. I uploaded some things to YouTube a while ago but ended up taking them down because some loser was insisting I had doctored a video because he/she didn't believe it existed - despite it being 100% real. In the end, I snapped and thought 'what's the point'? At least by uploading them to Dropbox and sharing them here, I know they will be appreciated by likeminded people rather than internet trolls who don't value anything.
RD
Roger Darthwell

The other thing that puts me off YouTube is the toxic comments you get. I uploaded some things to YouTube a while ago but ended up taking them down because some loser was insisting I had doctored a video because he/she didn't believe it existed - despite it being 100% real. In the end, I snapped and thought 'what's the point'? At least by uploading them to Dropbox and sharing them here, I know they will be appreciated by likeminded people rather than internet trolls who don't value anything.

All right then, in this case I completely understand....Thank you very much for sharing your material thought!
AM
Alfie Mulcahy

Those people are what make Twitter the hellhole it is. You can stop all.comments on YT though
AndrewPSSP, London Lite and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
MO
Moz

Can’t you disable comments on YouTube?
Alfie Mulcahy, JAS84 and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

Those people are what make Twitter the hellhole it is. You can stop all.comments on YT though

Can also turn comments off on Twitter
LL
London Lite Founding member

Can also turn comments off on Twitter

Or you can reduce who replies to those who follow you or to a select group of people.
harshy and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
RD
Roger Darthwell
You can remove comments mate!
BA
Batavia
This is a staggering collection. I'd like to add my support for you uploading these to YouTube (as mentioned, you can switch off the comments or just ignore them). Recognising that there's a lot to upload, no doubt many TVF members will be happy to upload with your approval and with attribution to you.

Newer posts