TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

MI
Michael
And Wales v Georgia will be lucky to get 60 seconds build up afterwards.

To be fair there was a pretty good Scott Quinnell piece about Llanelli and an on-camera interview during the England build up period; and a Pivac interview at HT of the Eng-Ire game.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Baffling though that they don't provide separate coverage of each match or at least add an extra 15 minutes between each match which really does make the difference.

P.S. Who hosted the womens match on BBC2 earlier? EPG says Lee McKenzie but she is on C4 and they don't name check the host on the iPlayer, with it not being someone I recognise.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
ATP Finals coverage moved from BBC One to BBC Two just after 16:15 replacing Talking Pictures, with Final Score coming on BBC One slightly earlier than billed.
Tennis on telly | Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.
DV
Baffling though that they don't provide separate coverage of each match or at least add an extra 15 minutes between each match which really does make the difference.

P.S. Who hosted the womens match on BBC2 earlier? EPG says Lee McKenzie but she is on C4 and they don't name check the host on the iPlayer, with it not being someone I recognise.

Sonja McLaughlan according to the Internet Commentators Database https://rugby.icdb.tv/match/2485
MI
Michael

Can only speak for myself but I don't really care for most buildup nowadays - it's all stuff that's been done to death by various rugby publications, YouTubers, columnists, podcasts etc in the week before so it's fairly redundant.

The buildup to this match would be:
1) Wales have lost 6 games in a row
2) we miss the fans
3) They're not good at the moment and need confidence
4) there's no crowd
5) Wales are still getting to grips with the new system
6) there's no crowd here at a different stadium to normal
7) Wales need to beat Georgia
Cool we're here at a different stadium to normal
9) there's a much changed team
10) oh and did you notice there's no crowd at this different stadium?
DE88 and Lewismpsmith gave kudos
DV
Did they really need 60 minutes of build-up before England vs Ireland?
Have to wonder how many people would actually be aware the build-up was even there on Amazon's coverage.
MI
Michael
dvboy posted:
Did they really need 60 minutes of build-up before England vs Ireland?
Have to wonder how many people would actually be aware the build-up was even there on Amazon's coverage.

Gotta flog those MyPillows somehow.
BR
dvboy posted:

Sonja McLaughlan according to the Internet Commentators Database https://rugby.icdb.tv/match/2485

Didn't recognise her without a mic in her hands.

Amazon's presentation is just below par - feels like we've gone back a decade. And when they've got Ross Harries as part of their team it is even more unforgiveable to use Mark Durden Smith to anchor a Welsh rugby game. Quite clear they're only interested in the England games and the rest is collateral damage.
GE
thegeek Founding member London London
Is this the right place to mention Eurosport offers? £19.99 for a year in their Black Friday sale.
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
Is this the right place to mention Eurosport offers? £19.99 for a year in their Black Friday sale.

Well I suppose a second mention won't go amiss.....

Anyone new to the player wanting a sub for the Olympics should consider their Black Friday offer of £19.99 for twelve months for new customers

Very Happy
BR
Still not had a refund for this years.
DV
Still not had a refund for this years.

They didn't refund, they added extra months.

Newer posts