NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC affiliates and TODAY

MORNING NEWS NOW - new NBC News online breakfast show

RK
Rkolsen World News
mark posted:
The full versions were more impressive.

https://vimeo.com/213498911
https://vimeo.com/213499187

Supposedly when this launched they were currently rendering a Christmas tree for Rockefeller Center. Assuming it didn’t turn out good and begs the question when would they start using it? When the tree arrives or while they keep it lit (generally last Wednesday in November and through the first week of January),

The Christmas tree always used to feature when the titles used real footage (not sure if it was ever live).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NTTxHtj1cY

I doubt that was live. I think during the lightings they may but a camera in the building looking down the channel gardens on Fifth Avenue. That building isn’t part of the official Rockefeller Center complex.

But they have two cameras that are frequently routed to air, one I believe next to one or the channel gardens buildings that looks over the rink (630 Fifth Avenue) into the Today show Plaza and a camera that is I believe a PTZ on the corner of Today’s building I think the one that feeds the vertical column when Today isn’t using it.

I know WNBC’s offices overlook the the tree and put a camera in their window for a more direct shot as if they had their studio is backed up to the tree
Last edited by Rkolsen on 19 November 2020 9:15pm - 2 times in total
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
RK
Rkolsen World News
Rachel Maddow returned to the MSNBC airwaves Thursday. She has been off the air since 11/7 and has been quarantined at home. Turns out her partner of 21 years, Susan, has COVID and was near death. But Susan has taken a turn for the better and so Rachel can resume from home. She’s usually in NYC during the week but during the weekends and I assume with COVID she’s been at their house in western Massachusetts (usually broadcasting from an inset studio somewhere). From what I gather is it’s pretty rural and signal quality isn’t the best. Here she is talking about Susan and a bit of technical difficulties.

jordanhowell, Willz and dvboy gave kudos
LE
Lester Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Rachel Maddow returned to the MSNBC airwaves Thursday. She has been off the air since 11/7 and has been quarantined at home. Turns out her partner of 21 years, Susan, has COVID and was near death. But Susan has taken a turn for the better and so Rachel can resume from home. She’s usually in NYC during the week but during the weekends and I assume with COVID she’s been at their house in western Massachusetts (usually broadcasting from an inset studio somewhere). From what I gather is it’s pretty rural and signal quality isn’t the best. Here she is talking about Susan and a bit of technical difficulties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLazQ2tlhyM

Wow, she is quite the orator. Very impressive.
IS
Inspector Sands

Yes, she's very articulate and intelligent, if you've ever seen her programme she does some really great in depth, well referenced and researched items (well, apart from one which wasn't so good, but she presented it well!). She's very different to the people who have done the same sort of show on other networks.
TR
trance
Lester appears to be back at home broadcasting with alternating shots of the updated studio on the TV behind him.
RK
Rkolsen World News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLazQ2tlhyM

She’s really great, a Rhodes Scholar. Her show is always well researched using real factual evidence but putting it into a liberal perspective that people obviously tune in for. And even the people at Fox respect her and her ethic for her show and they’ve provided review blurbs for her books. They may not say it on air, but in profiles they have said so (you know where the largely Fox News audience wouldn’t read).

Yes, she's very articulate and intelligent, if you've ever seen her programme she does some really great in depth, well referenced and researched items (well, apart from one which wasn't so good, but she presented it well!). She's very different to the people who have done the same sort of show on other networks.

What program was that? I assume it was the two page Trump tax returns by David Cay Johnston. They sent it to the WH and the WH released it to the other networks. So for while she did a 20 minute speech CNN and Fox were already discussing it. Here’s a NY Times Article on the show.

She used to do Cocktail Moment segments on the occasional Fridays (it’s probably been a year). She’s a hobbyist mixologist and after The White House Correspondents Dinner which started out by MSNBC (and then they added NBC News to the title and now also has Comcast signage) she bartends Maddow’s Bar. People wait up for her themed cocktails. It’s considered a party where newsers from all over show up and let loose compared to Vanity Fair. Additionally she makes drinks when interviewed on the late night shows.

Additionally she used a Friday Night News dump segment where they quiz people, she’d frequently focus on people from outside the US. They did this to get some junk out of their occasional prop closet and promotional gear. Probably the oddest they gave away was a segment of a wrought iron gate they made to illustrate attempts to prevent fence jumpers at the White House or a piece of a Moby Dick, a bit ridiculous but they were probably using their props budget for the year.

Probably didn’t ask for all this but I digress.

Newer posts