The Newsroom

Sky News | October 2019 Onwards

New Westminster Studio and Kay Burley Launch - 1st Sept 2020

ME
mediamonkeyuk Granada North West Today
Does studio 6 ever get used properly anymore? Haven't seen it on screen for ages except for the VR 'at the screen' stuff they do in some of the packages. I can't help feeling that it could be used to better potential
CW
CraigWills Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
The overnight shift is currently broadcasting from Westminster - maybe the first time ever bar elections?

I thought it looked quite good actually, just a static shot of Sam but I’m starting to like the new Westminster studio.

Does studio 6 ever get used properly anymore? Haven't seen it on screen for ages except for the VR 'at the screen' stuff they do in some of the packages. I can't help feeling that it could be used to better potential

Currently that’s the only use it gets, for stuff within packages you mention. Pre pandemic, it was used daily from midnight til 6am; and I think weekends 10am til 5pm too. Most recently seen on screen a few weekends back when the desk in the Glass Box was broke.
TT
TTRWE UTV World News
Studio 6 was back last night.
AL
alexjac0788 Meridian (South East) South East Today
TTRWE posted:

What time was that? The midnight news came from the glass box...did they move studios after that?
VA
valley
TTRWE posted:

Was it? They seemed to be in Studio 21 all night based on what I saw.
TT
TTRWE UTV World News
TTRWE posted:

Was it? They seemed to be in Studio 21 all night based on what I saw.

Actually you're right, I mistook the blue/white background for it, but then remembered that there's a bit of red when it's the Studio 6 - apologises.
MA
Meridian AM Meridian (South) South Today
Pan of Sky Central

CH
chris Granada North West Today
I thought when the glass box first launched it would grow on me. But it Still looks like an empty airport terminal.
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
chris posted:
I thought when the glass box first launched it would grow on me. But it Still looks like an empty airport terminal.

..... And there's plenty of those now!
--
Avatar credit: © BBC, ITA, BREMA 1967
VA
valley
No Meet the Press at 4pm this week.
WH
what West Country (East) Points West

It’s still on CNBC.
CW
CraigWills Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

Probably good timing, during the election it was a good viewing, but not sure its something I’d tune in for each week, having said that showing it during the weekend overnights would be a good option, Hotspots and The Real Chernobyl are wheeled out each Saturday and Sunday. But it’s probably too expensive to do so for little viewers.

Newer posts