TV Home Forum

BBC One Breakdown

Major Technical fault before Panorama - Video on page 11

TI
This Is Granada UTV
dvboy posted:
Credit to BBC One NI for keeping the show on the road while a car crash happened all around them.

Wales made the biggest dogs dinner out of all of this.....10 minute filler, a Welsh public service announcement when Network started the delayed Eastenders, then ending up having to crash into 'Would I lie to you' already started.

Network had a PIF ahead of EastEnders too.

While wales still showed the filler!

Wales should have faded out of the filler, started the Welsh PIF at the same time as Networks PIF, then Eastenders would have been the same time on Wales too.
Bring back the UTV! Bring back Julian & Gillian!
JO
Jonwo
EE short running time for once actually works in BBC One's favour as it means they'll be able to catch up later on and only be a tad late.
PA
paul_hadley London London
dvboy posted:
What's the reason for the 25-minute editions of EastEnders?

To get it back on air sooner and for the same number of days a week. It takes longer to film and post-produce now due to the new guidelines.
MA
Meridian AM Meridian (South) South Today

AS
Ash101
O/T but why they didn't just cut an episode per week of EE rather than shave 7-8 minutes off each episode defies logic.

I believe at the time they said they wanted to keep 4 episodes for pacing and story telling reasons. But yes, 3 episodes would be much more logical, could’ve dropped Friday’s edition
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
BBC One NI seems to be padding with trailers now as Network catches up.
Tennis on telly | Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.
TC
TonyCurrie Central Reporting Scotland
Wales would have tried to record Panorama off London's playout hence Al's problem. NI had a copy as it's their programme. I believe the problem was down to a timecode issue
The views expressed on this forum are entirely my own.
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
JO
Jonwo
O/T but why they didn't just cut an episode per week of EE rather than shave 7-8 minutes off each episode defies logic.

I believe at the time they said they wanted to keep 4 episodes for pacing and story telling reasons. But yes, 3 episodes would be much more logical, could’ve dropped Friday’s edition

It's the same reason that Holby City is 40 minutes episodes for the time being. Casualty will also be 40 minutes when it returns but that's usually 48-50 minutes anyway and it airs on Saturdays so it won't affect it as much.
JO
Josh
Looks like the NaT will be late tonight.
Fan of the media industry from the UK.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
dvboy posted:
What's the reason for the 25-minute editions of EastEnders?

Taking longer to film because of the split-screen, single camera and other techniques they're using to get around the social distancing on set.
WM
WMD Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Wales would have tried to record Panorama off London's playout hence Al's problem. NI had a copy as it's their programme. I believe the problem was down to a timecode issue

Could Wales have taken NI’s playout (if they hadn’t scuppered that option by playing the 10-minute filler)?

And where did Belfast get ‘stenders from?

Newer posts