The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Rather than leaving of his own accord, I expect he will get sacked at some point

I said on here that he wouldn’t last, and would end up being sacked for crossing the line and saying something too controversial or offensive. And yet, here we are five years on, and he’s still here.

Anyway, how did the interview go, no comment at all so far ?!

Down to usual Piers standards. Talking over, interrupting, shouting... and a throwaway comment at the end about being a liar (for wanting to come back). And they wonder a) why viewing figures are down the pan and b) nobody with any responsibility goes on that show.

It's one thing to be held to account and take questions, but its quite another to be shouted at. Hardly surprising the PM hid in a fridge last year if I'm honest when they came knocking...
AA
Aaron_2015

I said on here that he wouldn’t last, and would end up being sacked for crossing the line and saying something too controversial or offensive. And yet, here we are five years on, and he’s still here.

Anyway, how did the interview go, no comment at all so far ?!

Down to usual Piers standards. Talking over, interrupting, shouting... and a throwaway comment at the end about being a liar (for wanting to come back). And they wonder a) why viewing figures are down the pan and b) nobody with any responsibility goes on that show.

It's one thing to be held to account and take questions, but its quite another to be shouted at. Hardly surprising the PM hid in a fridge last year if I'm honest when they came knocking...

Are viewing figures ‘down the pan’? My impression is that the show has been performing rather well this year (albeit not on the level Piers would have you believe). They’ve certainly not lost viewers in any case compared to last year I don’t believe, so a little disingenuous to suggest they have done.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I'm calling it now:
First half of the interview will be Piers ranting about the "boycott". At least five minutes will be wasted on that kind of self-important nonsense which is of no consequence to 99% of the viewing public.
Second half of the interview will be Piers asking deliberately provocative questions and demanding 'yes or no' answers to questions about complex issues which Hancock will not be able to give binary responses to, and then will be shouted at for the remainder of the exchange for 'not answering straight questions'.

You missed the bit where he played him a clip of him in January and asked him why stuff has changed since then

A clear example of why all ministers refuse to rule out every single thing, as it can be used against them later, which of course in itself generates more click bait "PM refuses to rule out third lockdown" could be one.
AndrewPSSP, DavidWhitfield and Meridian AM gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Piers doesn’t understand that ministers simply can’t contradict the government line, and playing out footage of Hancock downplaying the seriousness of COVID back at the start of the year isn’t the gotcha he thinks it is when nobody could have predicted how bad things would get. Crap interview today.
BR
Brekkie
Is a briefing on BBC1 today - not sure who is doing it.
MA
Meridian AM

Hancock
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Mentioned on the EPG (Freeview at least) - health secretary.

"Today I'm joined by Piers Morgan, months down the line why are you still on GMB?" <evil smile>
JO
Jonwo
'Where have you been for the last 201 days?'
I would guess standing behind the plant at Number 10.
JB
JasonB
Jonwo posted:
'Where have you been for the last 201 days?'
I would guess standing behind the plant at Number 10.

I'm surprised Piers hasn't been camping outside the front door of Number 10 for the last 201 days with his megaphone.
AndrewPSSP, Jonwo and Ghost gave kudos
JF
JF World News
Sally Bundock says there working on a second UK edition of World Business Report at 830am
AndrewPSSP, London Lite and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
WA
watchingtv
5 News at 5 came from another location tonight. Leeds. Not sure if it was Peter Lane presenting?
EDIT:

Last edited by watchingtv on 19 November 2020 7:42pm - 2 times in total
JK
JK08
Anyone know why? Any particular reason?

Newer posts