The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AP
Applepie
I think it’s worthy to note that Isabel Webster did Kay Burnley’s slot this morning from Westminster.

Also the home studio set up for All Out Politics was very good. The average viewer would unlikely notice a difference.

I agree, the home studio did look good, now I'm sure something like this could be employed internationally - so that we don't have to watch correspondents needlessly freeze to death when there is no real need to be outside.
VA
valley
I think it’s worthy to note that Isabel Webster did Kay Burnley’s slot this morning from Westminster.

Also the home studio set up for All Out Politics was very good. The average viewer would unlikely notice a difference.

I agree, the home studio did look good, now I'm sure something like this could be employed internationally - so that we don't have to watch correspondents needlessly freeze to death when there is no real need to be outside.

Similar things have already been deployed - Brussels and Washington bureaus already have similar setups and have done for a while.
AA
Aaron_2015
Few days late, but I think Sky News’ presentation for the US Election was outstanding overall. The rooftop studio, graphics and VR from Sky Central all looked excellent, really left the competitors behind IMO.

Although I’m sure there are editorial or practical reasons behind it, I think it’s a real shame that the wider Sky Central building isn’t used very often, or to its full potential. Sky News have use of what looks to be one of the best facilities in the industry, yet the on air output faces either a big screen (which could be anywhere), or the corridor next to the glass box. Both the GE last year and this US Election have shown what a fantastic space Sky Central actually is, and I personally think it would be good to see this reflected regularly on screen.
UN
Universal_r
Meet the press is on sky news again this week.
VM
VMPhil

Not live like Washington Journal on BBC Parliament, then? EPG says it's not on till 4pm on both Sky News and CNBC.
UN
Universal_r

Not live like Washington Journal on BBC Parliament, then? EPG says it's not on till 4pm on both Sky News and CNBC.

It’s always been on at 4pm on sky news I think.
VA
valley

It’s always been on at 4pm on sky news I think.

The first week was live, but it is now showed delayed to allow for some of the turbo-parts to be pieces together with the rest of the programme, and to reduce the need for crashing back to the standby presenter.
VMPhil and Universal_r gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
This was picked up by some online tabloids earlier, but I've recorded this directly off the YouTube stream at better quality - a classic reminder of why you shouldn't do outdoor interviews when its windy:
RK
Rkolsen
This was picked up by some online tabloids earlier, but I've recorded this directly off the YouTube stream at better quality - a classic reminder of why you shouldn't do outdoor interviews when its windy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Sv0X0K-Gw

Why you need to carry sand bags in every satellite truck, seems to be SOP on every setup here in the US. Not much can be done by the umbrella.
MA
Meridian AM
A different view of the studio:

VA
valley
Kay Burley presenting from home this morning.

Here's her setup:

MA
Markymark
...And Mrs Markymark complains when I get my work laptop out on the kitchen table ! Rolling Eyes

Newer posts