TV Home Forum

BBC Children in Need 2020

Short film: 15th October 7:30, Appeal night: 13th November. (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
Josh posted:
Excuse me but what is NTV in relation to this?

This (probably fake, but you get the idea)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5efA-OKOx30
JK
JKDerry
Was it really TC1 to TC2? I had it in my mind that they had used two of the smaller studios one year because TC1 was unavailable (closed for asbestos removal?) and so the boat was used to cover the transition.

TC1 was closed in 1988 and was unavailable for nearly three years whilst it underwent asbestos removal and complete refurbishment. So the 1988, 1989 and 1990 Children in Need nights would have had to use possibly TC8 for their telethon, before moving back into TC1 in November 1991.
IS
Inspector Sands
Was it really TC1 to TC2? I had it in my mind that they had used two of the smaller studios one year because TC1 was unavailable (closed for asbestos removal?) and so the boat was used to cover the transition.

TC1 was closed in 1988 and was unavailable for nearly three years whilst it underwent asbestos removal and complete refurbishment. So the 1988, 1989 and 1990 Children in Need nights would have had to use possibly TC8 for their telethon, before moving back into TC1 in November 1991.

See my edit above - when they had the 'boat' trip at the beginning of 1989's show they went clockwise round the scene dock to TC4, so presumably the show was in TC3 with the phone room in TC4
SW
Steve Williams
Even for a charity of the BBC, the current Doctor Who team just can't be bothered.

I await the usual bombardment of replies from people not liking what I have wrote. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, fine.

That isn't an opinion. That's a completely baseless assertion.
AN
Andrew Founding member
The programme didn’t do well last night, despite most of the country being in lockdown, it received the lowest rating ever, about a million down on last year.
MA
mark Founding member
Is that a comparison of the pre-10pm ratings, or something that's possibly affected by the show being shorter this year and not having different viewers join for the late-night stuff?
AN
Andrew Founding member
mark posted:
Is that a comparison of the pre-10pm ratings, or something that's possibly affected by the show being shorter this year and not having different viewers join for the late-night stuff?

It’s a straight comparison of the main 7-10pm show.
JC
JCB
Even for a charity of the BBC, the current Doctor Who team just can't be bothered.

I await the usual bombardment of replies from people not liking what I have wrote. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, fine.

It wouldn't be Children In Need without the childish, entitled Doctor Who fandom throwing a tantrum.
JA
JAS84
It was, quite frankly, a stupid contribution to the telethon. They ran a competition, with a prize they can't guarantee can be taken (can't do a VIP set tour if we're still having to social distance), and they gave out contradictory entry details, forcing them to apologise later. That's not good publicity for the show, or the charity. They'd have been better off previewing the Christmas special, people might have actually tuned in specifically for that. They wouldn't for what we got.
JO
Josh
JCB posted:

It wouldn't be Children In Need without the childish, entitled Doctor Who fandom throwing a tantrum.

If you search "Doctor Who Children in Need" or similar on YouTube, many videos available ranting about how bad it was and how they deserved better etc.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
JAS84 posted:
It was, quite frankly, a stupid contribution to the telethon. They ran a competition, with a prize they can't guarantee can be taken (can't do a VIP set tour if we're still having to social distance), and they gave out contradictory entry details, forcing them to apologise later. That's not good publicity for the show, or the charity. They'd have been better off previewing the Christmas special, people might have actually tuned in specifically for that. They wouldn't for what we got.

Apparently a teaser is dropping on 'Doctor Who Day' on the 23rd November

Newer posts