TV Home Forum

BBC Children in Need 2020

Short film: 15th October 7:30, Appeal night: 13th November. (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DM
DeMarkay
Does anyone know what font they use for the graphics?

Could someone get a screen grab for me please?

Looks like it's Arial Bold.

Oops. I meant the graphics on the bottom of the screen.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
UBox posted:
Yearly check to see if Tumble Tower is back. Highly disappointed.

Be careful what you wish for. Don't say his name three times, for he will appear.
DE88, Josh and Cold Open gave kudos
BU
buster
I have vague memories from my childhood that for what seemed at the time liked umpteen consecutive years the elaborate studio set included a "river" (with actual water), with Terry Wogan & Sue Cook arriving by boat. Or something. Or did I dream/hallucinate that?

You didn’t dream it...from about 17:00 in:

I’m guessing the boat was supposed to appear through the tunnel, but Terry and Sue instead disappeared under the stairs never to be seen again in the 1980s...
JO
Josh
UBox posted:

Be careful what you wish for. Don't say his name three times, for he will appear.

Tumble Tower... Tumble Tower... Tumble Tow-

DFS have raised £600,000 for Children in Need. Well done DFS.
JB
JasonB
Josh posted:
UBox posted:

Tumble Tower... Tumble Tower... Tumble Tow-

DFS have raised £600,000 for Children in Need. Well done DFS.

Tumble Tower, Tumble Tower, Tumble Tower.
PA
paul_hadley
No tommy rot in sight. Actually a pretty enjoyable evening.
WH
what
Does anyone know what font they use for the graphics?

Could someone get a screen grab for me please?

Looks like it's Arial Bold.

Oops. I meant the graphics on the bottom of the screen.

I think it’s Comfortaa. You can find it on Google Fonts.
IS
Inspector Sands
I have vague memories from my childhood that for what seemed at the time liked umpteen consecutive years the elaborate studio set included a "river" (with actual water), with Terry Wogan & Sue Cook arriving by boat. Or something. Or did I dream/hallucinate that?

You didn’t dream it...from about 17:00 in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XqH5-Phsjg

I’m guessing the boat was supposed to appear through the tunnel, but Terry and Sue instead disappeared under the stairs never to be seen again in the 1980s...

The boat went from TC1 to TC2 as they used both studio floors that year and as if t hat wasn't novelty enough they made it into a boat ride. I seem to remember that the set was used again the next couple of years, the next year the water returned but not the boat and the next year it was just dry
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Was it really TC1 to TC2? I had it in my mind that they had used two of the smaller studios one year because TC1 was unavailable (closed for asbestos removal?) and so the boat was used to cover the transition.
IS
Inspector Sands
Was it really TC1 to TC2? I had it in my mind that they had used two of the smaller studios one year because TC1 was unavailable (closed for asbestos removal?) and so the boat was used to cover the transition.

That would make sense, although I think there was a door between 1 and 2, whereas doing that between other studios would have been less easy. Mind you looking at what was in the second studio I don't know why they bothered!

EDIT1 - yes you're right, just watching the beginning of the programme and the second studio on the other end of the river was TC4..... so they were presumably travelling from TC3. They showed them going through the scene dock round behind the studios clockwise

EDIT2 - I notice that the 1989 show was CIN's 10th anniversary... and 2020's was the 40th how does that work? Confused
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 14 November 2020 10:43am - 4 times in total
MarkT76 and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
Just watching back some of last night and I noticed they did an NTV with a member of their 'virtual audience'. A lot easier to do these days as they knew they were on camera anyway, though the connection let them down somewhat
JO
Josh
Excuse me but what is NTV in relation to this?

Newer posts