TV Home Forum

BBC Children in Need 2020

Short film: 15th October 7:30, Appeal night: 13th November. (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WI
Willz
Good to see Jackie Bird on the Scotland opt!
ST
stuart621
Is this from TC1?
GO
gordonthegopher
Is this from TC1?

Studio D, BBC Elstree.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member

They need to find the next faces of the BBC, the next Terry Wogan and get them to host the show

This revolving door of presenters isn’t great. You can guarantee out of the 4 hosting tonight, 2 or 3 of them probably won’t be hosting next year

I thought it had become Graham Nortons show but he doesn't seem to have been involved for a few years now.
CO
Cold Open
The BBC Scotland channel is doing its own extra hour of CiN starting at 10pm. Presumably it will be from The Nine atrium set?
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Some very wierd aspect ratio problems. The choir piece had a black bar at the top and not the bottom and now the Doctor Who bit was really squashed into the centre.

Also the WIN! screen for the Dr Who section was horrible to look at.
JO
Josh
Very odd that the horrible-looking slide says you need to text WIN to the number but the presenters say you need to text DOCTOR. Hopefully they both do the same thing and BBC won't get a telling off...
Cold Open and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
I’m SO glad that I wasn’t the only one that noticed how awful it was to look at. Also, where the hell where Jodie and Mandip looking?
JK
JKDerry
Is there a virtual audience watching or is it simple canned applause they are using in the studio?
DM
DeMarkay
Is there a virtual audience watching or is it simple canned applause they are using in the studio?

Sounds canned.
CO
Cold Open
I’m SO glad that I wasn’t the only one that noticed how awful it was to look at. Also, where the hell where Jodie and Mandip looking?

Mandip in particular seemed to be looking slightly over to her right, rather than straight ahead into the camera lens.

Perhaps it was a tribute to William Hartnell reading his lines off of cue cards for his pre-recorded The Three Doctors inserts?! Laughing

Sounds canned.

Yeah, I doubt that the production crew - which will be as minimal as is practically possible - trying to be as rowdy as they can (à la Strictly) would be able to make the amount of "audience noise" we're hearing.
Last edited by Cold Open on 13 November 2020 8:25pm
BR
brioalex
There’s one thing that really stands out with all BBC Charity Telethons now and that’s just how cheap looking they are! Once upon a time 10 years ago they were a spectacle and exciting as well as being fairly well polished but now they just seem lacking and the care and attention in everything like the set and graphics just isn’t there. It’s a shame really.

Newer posts