The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WO
Worzel
Seems like that Outside Source had slightly adjusted their static shot for a brief moment in the last few minutes before they were going to finish off for the hour.

They're living dangerously. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
DT
DTV
Thing about the Outside Source static shot is that surely it would just make sense to do it from the walkway. I know that the plasmas in C aren't touchscreen, but you could still have touchscreen-style graphics on the middle screen and newsroom shots on the outer screens. It's just odd that the one programme that was presented entirely stood up has become one of the few programmes presented entirely sat down.
PE
Pete Founding member
Video doesn’t seem to work, what happened?

The uploader has changed the file from listed in their library to unlisted. When they do this it breaks the vanity link and therefore needs the embed to be edited. As I do not know why the user did this I'm not going to fix it for them.
VM
VMPhil
Pete posted:
Video doesn’t seem to work, what happened?

The uploader has changed the file from listed in their library to unlisted. When they do this it breaks the vanity link and therefore needs the embed to be edited. As I do not know why the user did this I'm not going to fix it for them.

I think the uploader saw this post -

When you upload the video to Metropol you need to first switch the video to private and post the new private link, that will work for everyone. The default public link doesn't seem to work for Apple devices.

- changed it to unlisted but didn't change the link in the post.
RK
Rkolsen
Worth mentioning that WETA’s distribution of their 7AM ET World News has been a rebroadcast of the 4AM ET show. Before they would take Lucy Hockings live.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Credit where its due, James Reynolds trying to have a civil interview with a guest on the channel this evening at 2am in which the guest just had no interest in anything than spreading misinformation, which James had to clarify with the audience many times that the claims from the guest were unsubstantiated. Hopefully that guest is not brought back to the bbc if they are going to just spread false info.
UN
Universal_r
Credit where its due, James Reynolds trying to have a civil interview with a guest on the channel this evening at 2am in which the guest just had no interest in anything than spreading misinformation, which James had to clarify with the audience many times that the claims from the guest were unsubstantiated. Hopefully that guest is not brought back to the bbc if they are going to just spread false info.

I think James conducted the interview very well, considering he kept talking about things that had no relevance to the interview at all like Britain not having an opinion in America since 1776.
HA
harshy Founding member
I think they’ve added an extra shift straight after Sally Bundock and then the simulcast at 10 is back before another world presenter appears and then another one two hours later
WO
Worzel

I think James conducted the interview very well, considering he kept talking about things that had no relevance to the interview at all like Britain not having an opinion in America since 1776.

Adam Bolton could learn a thing or too over on the other side.
paul_hadley and gordonthegopher gave kudos
JF
JF World News
I think they’ve added an extra shift straight after Sally Bundock and then the simulcast at 10 is back before another world presenter appears and then another one two hours later

Sally is working on getting Worklife/Business Live back on air at the moment
AndrewPSSP, Archie and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
UN
Universal_r
It will be nice to see them back eventually.
AR
Archie
I'll sure be dazzled to see it back on the screens again!

Newer posts