TV Home Forum

I’m A Celebrity .... 2020

DM
DeMarkay London London
I like it alot!
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Jon posted:
I wouldn’t be surprised if they move to the castle full time, at this stage.

Has it been confirmed whether the German version is going ahead yet?

Edit: From the RTL website via Google translate.
Quote:
There will be a jungle show in 2021 Yes, Corona is currently severely restricting our lives. According to media reports, "I'm a star - get me out of here!" Will NOT take place in 2021. That's not true. RTL boss Jörg Graf speaks plainly: "Dear cockroach friends, the jungle has not been canceled, there will also be a jungle show in 2021. The current corona situation forces us to work on the concept every day in order to get it right for everyone involved."

There were reports they'd use the Welsh site, and then that it had been cancelled, so not sure. BBFun.de suggests it may go ahead in Germany instead.

ITV have paid £300k to use the castle - it would take the restoration trust two years to raise that normally, but can't help but feel ITV have got a bargain.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-celebs-300000-location-fee-22984157
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
JO
Jonwo
I'm surprised the German IAC didn't opt for a castle in their own country, there's so many!

I could see the castle concept being adopted for other IACs globally.
BR
I can see ITV developing it as a separate spin-off franchise as although there are numerous paranormal shows there aren't really any successful competitive reality show brands set in a haunted castle/house.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
If it turns out there is little negative impact on the final product and costs work out less to do local productions, I could see that route being taken going forward. Although there must be at least a security advantage of doing it outside this country.
HJ
HJL Spotlight
I do like it a lot, although it’s giving me big brother house vibes, just a little. It’s too stylised I suppose, to the point it all looks a bit fake and plastic.

Idk I will refrain from making a proper judgement until we see it on tv properly!
FL
Flux London London
HJL posted:
I do like it a lot, although it’s giving me big brother house vibes, just a little. It’s too stylised I suppose, to the point it all looks a bit fake and plastic.

Idk I will refrain from making a proper judgement until we see it on tv properly!

I agree with this. The room with the beds in it looks pure Big Brother task room, but I’m hoping it’s just the flash/lighting in these pictures and that the real thing will look less plastic and more authentic. It is a real castle after all!
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Although it looks fairly good, I’m sure they’ll return to Australia when they can. The size of the site is probably one of the main limitations, won’t all the trials, and challenges, and the ‘Snake Rock’ equivalent, and the studio, all be in quite a small space.

I also fear if there is the slightest whiff of people thinking it’s sub standard, the papers will try and give traction to those views
BR
Flux posted:
HJL posted:

I agree with this. The room with the beds in it looks pure Big Brother task room, but I’m hoping it’s just the flash/lighting in these pictures and that the real thing will look less plastic and more authentic. It is a real castle after all!

Although a derelict castle so they were always going to have to build a set within it. The same has happened in Australia though - it started out with them sleeping in the "jungle" but really has evolved to them sleeping in a set, polished up somewhat for television, surrounded by the "jungle".

I do think though just as Holly replacing Ant created interested (it was the first series I'd watched propery in over a decade) that the change in location will really benefit it too.
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
ITV Wales got a look around the new set.

TM
TravisM World News
The Australian version has just released its new promo, focusing on the fact its staying in Australia. The promo includes references to iconic Australian films, Crocodile Dundee , The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert , Kenny , Muriel’s Wedding , Strictly Ballroom , Picnic At Hanging Rock and Mad Max

BR
Brilliant trailer. Love how 10 are having to convince viewers that they have enough deadly critters etc. in Australia - viewers are somewhat concerned it'll be too easy! Very Happy

Newer posts