TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Jonwo posted:
A lot of devices are 18:9 or near it so it makes sense for companies to go for that format especially for scripted.

Except the device most people actually watch TV on - the actual TV.
Last edited by Brekkie on 11 November 2020 6:37pm
JO
Jonwo
Jonwo posted:
A lot of devices are 18:9 or near it so it makes sense for companies to go for that format especially for scripted.

Except the device most people actually watch TV on- the actual TV.

You do know there are other methods of watching content, it's not the dark ages.
JA
JAS84
Actual televisions are still the most commonly used device for watching television shows though, right?
VM
VMPhil
JAS84 posted:
Actual televisions are still the most commonly used device for watching television shows though, right?

...which is what Brekkie actually said
BR
Brekkie
Radio rather than TV but Innuendo Bingo aired it's final episode today, recorded prior to the pedantic. Apparently moving forward spitting water into people's faces may be considered unhygienic.
JB
JasonB
Radio rather than TV but Innuendo Bingo aired it's final episode today, recorded prior to the pedantic. Apparently moving forward spitting water into people's faces may be considered unhygienic.

I'm surprised that lasted as long as it did.
DA
davidhorman
recorded prior to the pedantic.

Sorry to be pandemic about it but I think you had an autocorrect fail there.
OM
Omnipresent
Purple Disco Machine & Sophie and the Giants performing before a socially distanced studio audience on X Factor Italia via cube screens on stage:

BR
Brekkie
recorded prior to the pedantic.

Sorry to be pandemic about it but I think you had an autocorrect fail there.

Oh, I don't know. Laughing

8 days later

JO
Jonwo
Watching The Royle Family and it looks rough quality wise in HD. I assume the BBC has decided not to remaster the original footage.
JA
james-2001
They would have to dig out the original film (if it even still exists) and re-scan it and re-edit the shows from scratch to make them HD. And presumably ITV would be the ones responsible for that seeing as it was made by Granada.
VM
VMPhil
Jonwo posted:
Watching The Royle Family and it looks rough quality wise in HD. I assume the BBC has decided not to remaster the original footage.

Pretty sure it was intended to look like that.

Newer posts