TV Home Forum

Alex Trebek has died

The host of Jeopardy! was 80. (November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Executive Producer Mike Richards pays tribute to Alex Trebek before yesterday's episode.

RE
remlap
DJGM posted:

Sad news. Probably is the equivalent to Brucie here - a fixture in US living rooms for decades.

I think Regis Philbin, who passed away earlier this year, may have been a bit closer to being a US equivalent of our Brucie.

This may seem obvious but Bob Barker.

---

Alex was one of my first "TV Dad's" I watched him every chance I could on Sky with Classic Concentration and Jeopardy. I can remember when Sky stopped showing it and watching Jeopardy any chance I could after that.

I was lucky enough to watch the whole Ken Jennings run on Jeopardy and I hope the rumours of him taking over are true.
JA
james-2001
Looks like his last work has been released early Razz

Can only stream in the US though.
JO
Jonwo
I imagine it'll be shown on Boomerang and CITV in due course.

11 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Jeopardy! is to resume filming next week with interim guest hosts. The first one will be Ken Jennings.

BR
Brekkie
They've also added two weeks of reruns now so his last episode will air in January rather than Christmas Day as previously announced.

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-events/jeopardy-returns-studio-nov-30-interim-host
JO
Jonwo
I wouldn't be surprised if the guest hosting is so they find a potential permanent host. That's how they found the male hosts for Live with Kelly and Michael/Ryan

43 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Just been announced that Katie Couric will be a guest host...

RO
rob Founding member
Here's Ken Jennings' first episode as guest host...

HC
Hatton Cross
And good to see a photo of Alex in the opening titles...
..he may be gone, but he still appears on the show.
BR
Brekkie
It may have a bigger prize budget but it makes Countdown look like The Price is Right.
JA
JAS84
And good to see a photo of Alex in the opening titles...
..he may be gone, but he still appears on the show.

I presume that's because they haven't changed the titles? Doesn't make sense to do so until they have a permanent new host.

Newer posts