The Gallery

Sky... again

featuring a redesigned Sky News (May 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BS
BiggieSMLZ
I love this! Smile I like the headline straps in particular! Thumbs up
ST
Stuart
Lovely. I wonder if you'll get a call from Sky.
JL
J. Lyric

While that would be any mocker's dream come true, I doubt it would happen
DM
DeMarkay

While that would be any mocker's dream come true, I doubt it would happen

I hope it does, both of you truly are some of the best mockers I’ve seen in my almost five years on TVF.
Last edited by DeMarkay on 27 September 2020 2:20pm
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Thank you everyone

Over last night and today I've animated a Sky Sports name strap. The intention is that with Sky News, I'm going to do a TOTH for all the branded programmes and one general hour, then Sophy Ridge on Sunday will act as an extended example to show off the graphics in detail, and then Sportsline along the same lines using the Sky Sports graphics.

EDIT: Another name strap to test out a longer graphic, as the first one was the shortest length used. I made a little spreadsheet to work out the animation for any length, so the animation should be proportionally the same and match not matter what length I do.

Last edited by PATV Scunthorpe on 29 September 2020 12:01am - 4 times in total
paul_hadley, Sh1ruba and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Whilst browsing through this thread I seem to have mixed up J Lyric with PATV... and got confused whose thread it was because it’s that good! Nonetheless you both are brilliant mockers and Sky would be lucky to have you Very Happy .
JL
J. Lyric
Whilst browsing through this thread I seem to have mixed up J Lyric with PATV... and got confused whose thread it was because it’s that good! Nonetheless you both are brilliant mockers and Sky would be lucky to have you Very Happy .

Appreciate it - though I'd probably be all over the typeface and logo departments Very Happy

Also, you can just call me Lyric if you want
DE
deryn
love the hard effort you put into your work
BiggieSMLZ, TVViewer256 and PATV Scunthorpe gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
A bit late seeing them but loving the Sky News efforts from last week.

38 days later

PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Hi again...

A quick update on some very recent stuff, I planned to have a go at some US election stuff in line with The Brexit Election stuff, but my idea quickly changed because of how much I liked both Sky's and NBC's branding for the election, so I've ended up with hybrid look for Sky News, using the NBC logo design, with the font being replaced with Sky Headline and some colours from the NBC blending with the Sky set as well.

Everything is stills so far, though I plan to do a quick animation test, though I would keep the animation mostly the same as it was with the actual think with the fly on from the side effect.

As I said, the straps would have the same layout as Sky had, just with a few tweaks to incorporate the NBC style and colours, including a gradient on the white to have the NBC flag video background, subtly animating at the bottom.

And finally, a more basic tester of the split screen. I really liked the design they used, so will probably take it forward for future Sky News mock-ups.
JL
J. Lyric
Awesome to see your Sky stuff again.
TV
TV-whizz
A great update. Love the Sky Headline typeface used too kept in line with the election graphics used on air. Can't wait to see the transitions. 👍

Newer posts