TV Home Forum

New BBC multi-channel menu

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Just spotted a new menu on BBC1 showing what’s coming up across different channels. Channel at a time, wiping left to right, in Reith. Looked pretty smart.
AG
AxG
Last edited by AxG on 8 November 2020 8:27pm
MO
Moz
Yup. I saw it. Looked good...

(Video edited)
PF
PFML84
Just spotted this myself before His Dark Materials. Finally a nice promo and in Reith. Keep it up!

Sadly no UHD prompt before HDM started though like there was for Series 1.
AG
AxG
It's fine and does the job, but I don't like the logo placed on the edge, really should be aligned with the text.
AndrewPSSP, Alfie Mulcahy and Lynetwork gave kudos
JF
JetixFann450
I quite like that they've matched it up with the current ECP design so it's not out of place with that, especially considering that BBC Two has the same adopted background.
CO
Cold Open
AxG posted:
It's fine and does the job, but I don't like the logo placed on the edge, really should be aligned with the text.

The right edge of the channel logo boxes look to be aligned with the end of the "Now" or "Next", to my eye.
Last edited by Cold Open on 9 November 2020 10:09am
VM
VMPhil
Wow, they’re actually acknowledging that they run TV channels instead of showing yet another trail for BBC Sounds?
DB
dbl
Long overdue!
RD
Roger Darthwell
It's cool but there is just something that ruins it, and I think you already know what I mean
Last edited by Roger Darthwell on 8 November 2020 10:51pm
AS
Asa Admin
I couldn’t work out if it’s a bit too simple compared to the old BBC blocks spinning animation but actually it’s pretty good. Considering there’s a lot of information to convey in a 15 second slot, a quite basic almost static silent slide is probably the way to go.

And given they know how many people will be watching Strictly live, it’s great to see them bring these back and acknowledge there’s decent stuff to be found right *now* across the BBC.
ST
steveboswell
That's very nice, simple but effective.

Newer posts