The Newsroom

US ELECTIONS 2020 Coverage

With added Impeachment 2.0 (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Rob did on page 60 but it has gone down now. Suspect Trump's lawyers are filing copyright claims on all the calling footage. Very Happy

That's very weird. I've received no notification that the video was removed. The only video I've had blocked in the last 48 hours is a CNN one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgdXURv4sDA

Didn't take long for my video to be stolen...
LL
London Lite Founding member
The story was so big in Philly that WPVI wheeled out veteran anchor Jim Gardner on a Saturday night to present the late edition of Action News.

BA
bakamann
The story was so big in Philly that WPVI wheeled out veteran anchor Jim Gardner on a Saturday night to present the late edition of Action News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URisghS430g

The theme and opening sequence is so quintessentially American.
MA
Markymark
Jonwo posted:
And to think Rudy Giuliani was once Mayor of New York City.

I caught the stitch up Sacha Baron Cohen did on him on the latest Borat moviefilm!

Doubly unbelievable!

Was it really Sacha Baron Cohen stitching him up, as much as it was Rudy Giuliani stitching himself up?

Oh, by stitch up, I meant SBC gave him a spade, and RG used it to dig a hole, and then jump in !
HB
HarryB
Sky News is now showing Meet the Press from NBC
MA
Meridian AM

It's on CNBC now too, without the minute or so delay that Sky has on it.
CNBC also shows the 'recorded' graphic over it the whole time.
UN
Universal_r

I wonder if this will be the last one they show or if they will just continue to show it every week.
MA
Meridian AM

I wonder if this will be the last one they show or if they will just continue to show it every week.

It's not on the Sky News EPG for next Sunday, only on CNBC.
DE
derek500
Fireworks lit up the night sky over London, England, after Joe Biden was characterized to be the apparent winner of the presidential election. https://abcn.ws/2JPhVKr https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1325458869963853824/video/1

ABC seem totally unaware of Guy Fawkes!!!! I thought Twitter blocked fake news!
BR
Brekkie
I don't understand why they are pandering with the phrase "apparent winner" either.
AndrewPSSP, AJB39 and JCB gave kudos
VA
valley

It's not on the Sky News EPG for next Sunday, only on CNBC.

Sky News are known for last-minute EPG changes even for normal scheduled programming, so don't read too much into it!
MA
Markyboy81
Apologies if I missed it but I've seen alot of talk about how good the Sky News sequence was when it was called but don't think I've seen a video. Can only find a square-o-vision version on the Sky website. Who even has a square phone?

Cheers.

In terms of UK coverage Sky were the only ones who really made it feel like a special event, with using their top names really helping. ITV were good on the night and News at Ten has been excellent all week, and I think were the first terrestrial with a newsflash yesterday. Seems though the fall out from a few years back still affects using News at Ten talent on the Evening News and though the reporting was just as good a shame either julie or Tom didn't anchor part of the Evening News. Sending Mary out instead of Julie may have been more beneficial to the Evening News.

The BBC coverage is interesting as it has been notably lacking it's big names other than the swansong of Andrew Neil. Also wasn't a fan of the split screen transatlantic coverage for days on end, but in both cases we can blame the pandemic somewhat and arguably the BBC have been more responsible in not anchoring it all in the US. However in not using the bigger names it feels like the BBC have perhaps used more appropriate names in utilizing their US based presenters and the BBC World team. On the whole though the coverage has felt quite dry.

Beyond that I've only seen snippets of CNN. Have watched bit of Al Jazerra which was very good but fairly low key, and from what I've seen of RT it is shocking it is still on the air.

I must be the only one that closed my eyes and clenched when I just watched Sky News with the breaking news feature of Biden winning. Incredibly cheesy and embarrasing in my opinion. The BBC coverage was dry and they may not have utilised big name presenters but the story is not about them!

Newer posts