The Newsroom

US ELECTIONS 2020 Coverage

With added Impeachment 2.0 (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
From Denmark, bits and pieces of TV2's coverage of the U.S. election:

UK
UKnews
To be fair though, I found myself watching the BBC News at Ten last night and they really do excel at packaged reports pulling together all the loose ends and putting everything in perspective. I liked the US domestic coverage, but after hours of endless detail county-by-county, it was good to see the broader picture. In addition, I found Clive Myrie's reports from the States really insightful (Part 1 and Part 2 on iPlayer).

Too many packaged 'news bulletin' style reports and a lack of live rolling news.

Lots of packaged pieces that summarise and tell the story of the day by putting it all in perspective and context is exactly what the BBC’s News at Ten should be. In the middle of a big story that’s exactly why I’d watch it. A contrast to rolling news. Each has its place.
MB
Media Box
A powerful close to RTE's news bulletin today:

Agreed, very powerful.

And thanks for posting. Would never have seen it otherwise.
LL
London Lite Founding member
A guy from Chicago celebrating Biden's win has just said "F*ck you Trump" on CNN.

And now a placard with F*** Trump now!
TM
TMD_24
Looks like after a few hours of Anderson and Erin, Wolf is about to take over from 7pm US time and midnight UK time.

Just also seen from the EPG that Adam Boulton will also be back on at midnight on Sky.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
A guy from Chicago celebrating Biden's win has just said "F*ck you Trump" on CNN.

There have been plenty of flags with the word **** on during the daytime. Not sure where that word falls on the OFCOM list, but I guess there's not a lot that could be done to remove it without massively holding up the package for the complex editing required to mask it.
WW
WW Update

There have been plenty of flags with the word **** on during the daytime. Not sure where that word falls on the OFCOM list, but I guess there's not a lot that could be done to remove it without massively holding up the package for the complex editing required to mask it.

It's 2020. Isn't it time people stop being offended by random swear words in news coverage?
JO
Jonwo
It's interesting that normally Fox News and MSNBC outrate CNN but it's been the reverse for the last few days.
LV
LondonViewer
CNN has always done well during big news events. It’s day to day political news shows where they would fall behind the other two. Although not so much since then joined the partisan party; they’re competitive with anti trump.
bkman1990 and London Lite gave kudos
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Looking at the tweet below, I just realised that much of the coverage at the 'magic wall' screens relied on Stedicam operators. Fair play to the crew, they have undoubtedly done some very long shifts:

bkman1990 and London Lite gave kudos
BA
bilky asko
How ridiculously flat was this, it was as if they were announcing some breaking news that had just come out of the blue, not something they’d be working up to for 4 days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVxJJUsdn_Q

Leave it to the US networks to be celebratory or triumphalist.

It's not about being triumphalist; it's about being lively and interesting, and reflecting the historic nature of what just happened.

This isn't the equivalent of Obama being elected - a historic moment for sure. The historic part is Kamala Harris becoming Vice President - the speech she is making now is the bigger moment to my mind than the exact moment the BBC decides to call the election for yet another old white man.
bkman1990 and scottishtv gave kudos
WW
WW Update

Leave it to the US networks to be celebratory or triumphalist.

It's not about being triumphalist; it's about being lively and interesting, and reflecting the historic nature of what just happened.

This isn't the equivalent of Obama being elected - a historic moment for sure. The historic part is Kamala Harris becoming Vice President - the speech she is making now is the bigger moment to my mind than the exact moment the BBC decides to call the election for yet another old white man.

The most historic part of all this is Donald Trump -- a right-wing populist whose words and actions steered the United States and the world in a completely new, unprecedented direction -- losing power after just one term and the profound consequences this change in leadership will have.

Newer posts