TV Home Forum

Stephen Cole

Left BBC World? (October 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IN
intheknow
I have noticed for a month or two that Stephen Cole has not been presenting his usual morning slot on BBC World. But I notice he is still presenting Click Online, unless it has been pre-recorded weeks in advance.

Has he left BBC World? Has he been poached by another channel?
IT
itsrobert Founding member
No, Stephen hasn't been poached by another channel - he's just left BBC World, but is still continuing with Click Online and his annual Oscars Special etc.
JA
Jakarta
So are you saying that he is still presenting programmes on BBC World, but not reading the news?
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Jakarta posted:
So are you saying that he is still presenting programmes on BBC World, but not reading the news?

Yeah, that's right - Martine Dennis has taken over from him on the news, but Stephen will be continuing with his show - Click Online - and probably his annual Oscars special programme on BBC World.
HA
harshy Founding member
Maybe he should come to BBC News 24, the new look News 24!
LU
Luke
Those eyes of his just creep me out though
MI
Mikeroberts
I think he will be goin to 24, and maybe on to bbc 1 at some point.... replacement for Jordan?
IO
Ian of old
According to next week's RT, Stephen Cole is presenting Sunday's Breakfast with Sian.

(And Jon Sopel is apparently doing the Six next Thursday, and Breakfast and the Six next Friday.)

Edit: Just noticed this mentioned in the other thread; sorry. Probably still relevant here though.
RE
Re-it-er-ate
To be honest, I can't see Stephen becoming a regular newscaster again on any news channel. He did seem pretty fed up and tired with it on air compared to click online, and i can't imagine him on News 24 to be honest.

Newer posts