The Newsroom

US ELECTIONS 2020 Coverage

With added Impeachment 2.0 (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Charlene or Nina I'd assume, though they could set up something at one of their homes.

Perhaps the best chance of a result now is if CNN send their top team home and Sky stop broadcasting from Washington. Soda law dictates a result within an hour of that happening.

Really is an odd one as although individually it may not be wise to call any of the remaining individual States collectively the result seems to have been clear a couple of days.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I like what CNN US have done with the commercial breaks, using pushbacks for the commercial breaks and a live feed from a continuing count.
MI
Michael
That's been the only downside of watching CNNi during all this - the same 10 adverts on rotation. I love Richard Quest, I've met him, he's a great lad, but if I hear him extol the virtues of MiCE one more time....

...also I'm no clearer on what that magic Samsung gizmo that makes stroke survivors able to walk is
IS
Inspector Sands
That's been the only downside of watching CNNi during all this - the same 10 adverts on rotation. I love Richard Quest, I've met him, he's a great lad, but if I hear him extol the virtues of MiCE one more time....

...also I'm no clearer on what that magic Samsung gizmo that makes stroke survivors able to walk is

That's the problem with international channels, there are only so many advertisers that can or want to advertise on them and those that do are always either very specific or very generic B2B adverts. I remember AJE having a much repeated advert for an aluminium smelter in the early days

It's part of the reason why all the pan-European channels of the early days of satellite TV split into national versions.

I always liked the 'CNN is now available in these locations' promos with their list of hotels.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
That's been the only downside of watching CNNi during all this - the same 10 adverts on rotation.
I'm still getting over this awful one from watching the 2016 election coverage.
BF
BFGArmy
CNN appearing to be ready to call the Election in the 9am EDT hour (1400 GMT) following latest batch of Pennsylvania ballots due shortly after 9am EDT.]

US cable news in general though seems to work on Boris Johnson press conference timings so goodness knows when it'll actually be.
JO
Jon
That's been the only downside of watching CNNi during all this - the same 10 adverts on rotation.

That’s a bit Alan Partridge isn’t it?
DV
dvboy
from Jane Hill:

DW
DavidWhitfield
Jon posted:

That’s a bit Alan Partridge isn’t it?

If only the market had been in (pedestrianised) Norwich City Centre.
The graffiti / art bit seems very David Brent to me too.
JC
JCB
The media could have called this as early as Thursday, or even Wednesday. It's starting to look like they're dragging this out for purely for their own benefit.
NE
News96
Looks like Ros Atkins is about to reunited with the OS Screen.

BF
BFGArmy

Oh I love that advert - so bad it's good. The one that stuck with me was the man being rung on his phone by the country Lebanon

All those complaining about the 'maze' Quest advert should be thankful they haven't had the 'just a penny, JUST A PENNY' advert that makes the maze one seem shy and retiring.

Newer posts