The Newsroom

US ELECTIONS 2020 Coverage

With added Impeachment 2.0 (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
LBC News is staying live through the night.
BB
BBI45
LBC News is also staying live. Normally, they'd be going into partially recorded programming now.

EDIT: As usual, beaten by London Lite.
MA
Meridian AM
Moz posted:
Moz posted:
Not sure why TV Forum no longer has a thread on the BBC News Channel. I wanted to comment on Beyond 100 Days (or whatever it's called) which is on the News Channel but nowhere to put it. So I'll put it here as they were covering the US election...

Christian was on the weather balcony from 9 until half past, and now seems to be in Studio C. Firstly, is this the first use of the weather balcony since COVID, and secondly, how far it it between the two. Did he just get the lift down?

45 days ago, Asa posted this. It was a glorious day for the forum. Now new and interesting information like that can be posted in new threads where we can all ponder the question.

What’s the point of a new thread for each titbit of information. There should just be a thread for each channel/show or major event.

I disagree with the thing about posting new topics. I’m interested in stuff about the BBC News Channel. If I see a new post in that thread I’ll read it. If it’s a new topic I won’t.

The BBC News channel is currently being discussed within the US Election thread, Coronavirus thread, BBC World thread, Sky News thread and maybe within other threads too 🙃
GM
Gary McEwan
BBC News has went back to Katty Kay in Washington.

Wouldn't be surprised if they stay with Katty throughout the night if it looks like the remaining States are away to declare.
UN
Universal_r
They’re looking at maybe a result from Pennsylvania tonight so that’s probably a factor in why networks are staying on air. Obviously a very important state because if it goes to Biden the election is over! I’m sure the networks won’t want to miss that after almost 3 days of coverage.
MA
Meridian AM

LL
MSNBC decided to pull away from Trump's speech when it became just another rant of alleged fraud during the counts.
JC
JCB
It would be funny it wasn't so horrifying.
BBI45, FBC and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Trump seems to be out Trumping himself.

Interesting how Americans gravitate to the news channels rather than broadcast networks for elections. Fox News and CNN were first and second on election night.
TM
TMD_24
Jake Tapper is fantastic on CNN at calling out the lies of Donald Trump and his misclaims on votes.
LL
Zero impartiality after the Trump dirge on CNN. While the panel may be correct about Trump, I wouldn't mind at least 5 mins of impartial analysis instead of the U.S. tv drama from the panelists.

Just report the facts.
MA
Meridian AM
Just report the facts.

They did. They said he lied.

Newer posts