The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
Also, sort of surprised that Ian King Live went ahead this morning, albeit with a couple of election updates from Adam.

It was good to have IKL, considering the Bank of England, Sainsbury's and lockdown news.
UN
Universal_r
I have to say sky news’ coverage has been pretty amazing, especially compared to the bbc who went to back to standard bulletins at midnight and itv just giving up after gmb yesterday.
MA
Meridian AM
I have to say sky news’ coverage has been pretty amazing, especially compared to the bbc who went to back to standard bulletins at midnight and itv just giving up after gmb yesterday.

I agree. I've been switching between Sky and CNN more than anything.
BBC not even showing the latest numbers on screen for those people dipping in or with it on in the background. As usual, no sense of urgency, feels slow and dated.
UTVLifer and Universal_r gave kudos
JA
jay Founding member

I agree. I've been switching between Sky and CNN more than anything.
BBC not even showing the latest numbers on screen for those people dipping in or with it on in the background. As usual, no sense of urgency, feels slow and dated.

Another +1 here. Sky have been outstanding and I think the crossing over they've been doing between London (for UK based stories) and Washington (for Election news) works really well.
UN
Universal_r
I agree, tbf to the bbc their coverage on the night and day after was relatively good(slower than other networks but that’s expected on the bbc) and it was nice to see Katty and Christian staying on for a while but since we’ve known for ages that the election wouldn’t be declared on the day or maybe even a few days after I think they should have made plans for that, like sky have obviously done and it’s working really well.
Jory, Alfie Mulcahy and Gibsy gave kudos
FU
fusionlad Founding member
I do quite like the (presumably temporary) straps being applied to the domestic coverage.

Some of the animation is very slick but not too garish and loud like some of the old school Sky News animations.
UTVLifer, Universal_r and Meridian AM gave kudos
LH
lhx1985
Yeah, the straps do work very well for the standard rolling news output. They build upon the election graphics from the UK election. They are much slicker and nicer to look at than the standard straps.

Still would hope that any eventual re-design would take some queues from the current NBC Today package - which are essentially a much more modern and less garish evolution of Sky News' own graphics package from 2011.
DI
digipal
I loved Ed Conway's screen, it looked so clear in high def even when they zoomed in and it had a very matte surface, I was sure it was CSO'd in like weather maps behind presenters

The VR elements also looked great

Well done Sky, all in all a great presentation and nice to be in the atrium outside of the glass box
BR
Brekkie
The way it's going that screen may be there quite some time yet.
UTVLifer and digipal gave kudos
BF
BFGArmy
Indeed while’s the presentation of Sky’s day-to-day output does get criticism, they seem to pull it out the bag with the presentation for big events like elections and the output too is usually very strong too and seems to get the content right.
Given how long some states are taking to declare it definetely feels a wise move to have quite a few anchors in Washington (Gillian, Dermot, Kay and Adam are the ones I’ve seen on air).
CW
CraigWills
A return to the usual Sky news theme at 11pm. With the TOH using the usual headline straps, however they’re still using the America Decides predictions/results graphics.
JO
jordanhowell
The way it's going that screen may be there quite some time yet.

Maybe not!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHOjSdcgYFs/?igshid=ff2gbtle1fx4

Newer posts