The Newsroom

LBC News Discussion

Global launches 24hr rolling news station (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
I don't see any error there.
NW
nwtv2003

It seems as part of this new schedule that LBC is being video streamed live online by the looks of things.
IS
Inspector Sands
I like Ruth Davidson's programme just for the name - An Inconvenient Ruth. Very good
LL
London Lite Founding member
Not mentioned is that veteran presenter Clive Bull is moving to weekend overnights to make way for these new political celeb shows.
HC
Hatton Cross
And the (rare in this day and age) dropping of a pre-recorded programme, Steve Allen's In Conversation With.. for a live programme.

Nothing to do with the fact that Times Radio is in pre-recorded best of's on weekend evenings, when LBC is now doing more live programmes in the new schedule at the same time..
IS
Inspector Sands
Not mentioned is that veteran presenter Clive Bull is moving to weekend overnights to make way for these new political celeb shows.

He's not done overnights for a while. Possibly that slot will be more his sort of thing than his current ones

This is him on overnights in the early 90s
LO
Londoner
Full three hours of new Sunday morning politics show Swarbrick on Sunday on video from the Westminster studio

LO
Londoner
According to Iain Dale the studio is at 4 Millbank (with the other broadcasters) not Millbank Tower (which is nearer Tate Britain, and further from Parliament) as previously reported.

There are two sets in the studio - the one we see pictured above, plus another set for one-on-one interviews.

The studio was due to make its debut in March - but the launch was delayed for obvious reasons.
Last edited by Londoner on 14 September 2020 12:09am - 2 times in total
London Lite and Markymark gave kudos

43 days later

LO
Londoner
Wednesday is the first anniversary of the national LBC News.

In other news, LBC’s US election coverage will come from the Millbank tv-style studio with autocue, according to Iain Dale who is co-hosting with Shelagh Fogarty
AndrewPSSP, Roger Darthwell and London Lite gave kudos
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Wednesday is the first anniversary of the national LBC News.

In other news, LBC’s US election coverage will come from the Millbank tv-style studio with autocue, according to Iain Dale who is co-hosting with Shelagh Fogarty

Wow. Seems longer than that. I really enjoy it as a station.

The plan for election night sounds good. I love the way that studio turned out. Have we got any news on scheduling for the night yet?
BB
BBI45
Wow. Seems longer than that. I really enjoy it as a station.

Martin Stanford just acknowledged the station's birthday. I'm sure most people will agree that the station launched at the right time.

EDIT: I'm now thinking back to this time last year. I remember staying in Newquay and trying to find a spot in the caravan where I could get a signal.
Last edited by BBI45 on 28 October 2020 11:15am
Alfie Mulcahy, London Lite and Anglialad gave kudos
LO
Londoner
Here's the America Decides live stream:

Newer posts