The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ME
mediamonkeyuk
No Ian King Live at 10am this morning, instead Jayne Secker anchoring ‘special coverage’ of the Depp Libel judgement from the Glass Box.

Followed by Adam with All Out Politics live from Washington. Dreadful car crash interview just now with a representative of what was The Brexit Party, soon to be The UK Reform Party. Adam just talking over him and not listening to any of the answers given. I genuinely have no idea how he is still on air!
DE
derek500
Sadly, the Comcast ownership has unleashed the beast!
AN
Anglialad
No Ian King Live at 10am this morning, instead Jayne Secker anchoring ‘special coverage’ of the Depp Libel judgement from the Glass Box.

Followed by Adam with All Out Politics live from Washington. Dreadful car crash interview just now with a representative of what was The Brexit Party, soon to be The UK Reform Party. Adam just talking over him and not listening to any of the answers given. I genuinely have no idea how he is still on air!

Sounds like we have another Piers Morgan on our hands....
DW
DavidWhitfield
Sadly, the Piers Morgan comparison is very accurate. It was pretty deplorable.

Boulton didn't let Tice answer a single question without butting in, and eventually, after a few minutes of just talking over his guest, Boulton just decided to change the subject to an entirely irrelevant line of questioning about Nigel Farage.

I have no real idea what exactly Reform UK will stand for, despite watching the whole interview, and that's a grim indictment on Boulton whose job is to achieve the exact opposite.
Jory and mediamonkeyuk gave kudos
DE
DE88
I haven't had an iota of respect for Boulton ever since he posted this tweet:

ME
mediamonkeyuk
DE88 posted:
I haven't had an iota of respect for Boulton ever since he posted this tweet:

He is an odious creature. I still have no idea how he got away with this off air rant at Beth Rigby

JK
JKDerry
God this reminds me of the Bill O'Reilly outburst on Inside Edition. Yes not as explosive as Bill, but Bill was always a bomb waiting to explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu2NK5REvWM
GI
Gibsy
Absolutely disgusting behaviour, why was he not fired?
SK
skyviewer
Sky central election studio now on air.
Last edited by skyviewer on 2 November 2020 7:37pm
WA
watchingtv
Lots of communication problems in the last hour. Initially with a foreign journalist, Mark Stone kept getting introduced but never made it to air. Adam Parsons dropped as Anna was handing over for the first report.
DE
derek500
I see Sky News have gone for a standard issue poppy this year. All on screen presenters and reporters are wearing the same and they are tiny!

Certainly noticeable when the sports newsreaders come on with their bloody enormous BLM badges next to the tiny poppies!
ME
mediamonkeyuk
Gibsy posted:
Absolutely disgusting behaviour, why was he not fired?

You think that's bad, try this... He doesn't even have the professionalism to keep it together ON air >>

Last edited by mediamonkeyuk on 3 November 2020 3:14pm

Newer posts