The Newsroom

Sky News | October 2019 Onwards

New Westminster Studio and Kay Burley Launch - 1st Sept 2020

WA
watchingtv Anglia (East) Look East
Lots of communication problems in the last hour. Initially with a foreign journalist, Mark Stone kept getting introduced but never made it to air. Adam Parsons dropped as Anna was handing over for the first report.
My contribution is small but you are welcome.
DE
derek500 West Country (West) Points West
I see Sky News have gone for a standard issue poppy this year. All on screen presenters and reporters are wearing the same and they are tiny!

Certainly noticeable when the sports newsreaders come on with their bloody enormous BLM badges next to the tiny poppies!
ME
mediamonkeyuk Granada North West Today
Gibsy posted:
Absolutely disgusting behaviour, why was he not fired?

You think that's bad, try this... He doesn't even have the professionalism to keep it together ON air >>

Last edited by mediamonkeyuk on 3 November 2020 3:14pm
JK
JK08 Granada North West Today
I'd actually forgotten quite how bad that clip was! My main takeaway, however, was the ever-professionalism of Jeremy Thompson. Adam was putting him in an awful position in acting that way - being forced to defend his colleague despite behaving like that on air is not an enviable situation. A great shame we've not seen Jeremy anywhere since leaving Sky.
MA
Meridian AM Meridian (South) South Today
It's OK, he is loved among his colleagues Very Happy
DE
derek500 West Country (West) Points West
Gibsy posted:
Absolutely disgusting behaviour, why was he not fired?

You think that's bad, try this... He doesn't even have the professionalism to keep it together ON air >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTntLzqDzJk

Or this.

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/news/broadcasting/2018/10/boulton-apologises-after-leaked-video-shows-him-swearing-colleague
TT
TTRWE UTV World News
Is it me or does Adam tonight not sound that well? His voice is a bit croaky and laboured?
TT
TTRWE UTV World News
Is the ultra wide screen Ed Conway at a virtual screen or a real one? It looks real? Have to say that having such a big wide screen like that works really well, it's very sharp and excellent quality.

The virtual graphics for the White House look really good as well and have depth even though they're flat in reality, and they're much higher quality than other stuff we've seen on a virtual screen.

What it does show is that what having a big studio would be able to achieve rather than the glass box, but it's good they're using the big space again for this, far better than it would have been in smaller studio.
VA
valley
TTRWE posted:
Is the ultra wide screen Ed Conway at a virtual screen or a real one? It looks real? Have to say that having such a big wide screen like that works really well, it's very sharp and excellent quality.

The ultrawide screen is real, yes.
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Sky News seem to have an abundance of big flashy screens all over the place. Would something like this just be hired in or is it theirs?
VA
valley
Sky News seem to have an abundance of big flashy screens all over the place. Would something like this just be hired in or is it theirs?

It's Anna Valley kit being hired in for Ed Conway's big screen based on the flight cases lurking downstairs in Sky Central. I believe that AV also installed the big screens for Studio 21, Studio 6 and Millbank but don't quote me on that!
ME
mediamonkeyuk Granada North West Today
Potential new live bug being used on the split screens. Now lower case with different gradient. Old live bug in caps still in the top right corner when it cuts to full screen though. Lower thirds almost double height since 10pm last night. Guessing this is for the results only? Still no appearance of the new logo on screen though

Newer posts