TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BU
buster
First five mins of Bitesize had a CBBC DOG with the word "film" attached to it, oddly.

19 days later

TV
iloveTV1
The Our School Christmas episode aired on Wednesday. Isn’t it a bit early to already have Christmas specials?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
The Our School Christmas episode aired on Wednesday. Isn’t it a bit early to already have Christmas specials?

Christmas specials of shows tend to air off and on all year round as part of the regular runs if they're part of that series (particularly if something's been imported). They are not reserved purely to show at Christmas, once they get outside of their home network anyway.

The only exception that I ever saw was the Christmas special episode of Kenan & Kel in the 1990s (they only ever made one Christmas special of that show in its entire run). Nickelodeon would almost always skip over it when the show was reran outside of the festive period. The Trace Vault reruns are happy to show it any time of the year.
TV
iloveTV1

Christmas specials of shows tend to air off and on all year round as part of the regular runs if they're part of that series (particularly if something's been imported). They are not reserved purely to show at Christmas, once they get outside of their home network anyway.

The only exception that I ever saw was the Christmas special episode of Kenan & Kel in the 1990s (they only ever made one Christmas special of that show in its entire run). Nickelodeon would almost always skip over it when the show was reran outside of the festive period. The Trace Vault reruns are happy to show it any time of the year.

This was the 2020 Christmas episode though.

And some shows do skip out the Christmas episodes, biggest example I can think of is 4 O’Clock Club whenever that gets repeated.
TV
iloveTV1
The Blue Peter Christmas special will once again be simulcast on CBBC and CBeebies, with it airing at 5pm to make this possible.

Other Christmas specials this year include:

The Dumping Ground - 11th December
Crackerjack - 11th December
Saturday Mash-Up - 12th December
The Dog Ate My Homework - 10th December

9 days later

TV
iloveTV1
Have cbbc got the rights back to some Scooby Doo? They’re airing one of those TV Movies of Christmas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016n2km
JO
Jonwo
Have cbbc got the rights back to some Scooby Doo? They’re airing one of those TV Movies of Christmas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016n2km

I imagine they got a few DTVs from Warner Bros.
CA
Caly123
Cartoon Network's We Bare Bears is coming to CBBC on December 17.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

And this is of interest because...?
CA
Caly123

First Cartoon Network show (minus Hanna-Barbara, Warner Bros. Animation and MGM) to air on CBBC.
TI
TIGHazard

First Cartoon Network show (minus Hanna-Barbara, Warner Bros. Animation and MGM) to air on CBBC.

Wasn't The Cramp Twins Cartoon Network?
CA
Caly123

Wasn't The Cramp Twins Cartoon Network?

Yes, it was. But no other of the recent show have aired on the channel. Adventure Time and Craig of the Creek have aired on CITV.

Newer posts