TV Home Forum

Spitting Image to return on BritBox

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Thought the first part might be largely sketches they'd already shown.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Rexogamer, parrferris and London Lite gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Not really encouraging me to get BritBox to watch the rest of this - given the political figures of today it just feels like they are playing this straight.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Not really encouraging me to get BritBox to watch the rest of this - given the political figures of today it just feels like they are playing this straight.

I've heard that said quite a lot recently but it was often said during the Thatcher years too. It's not unique to this moment in time.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
One of the generic 'extra' puppets appears to be slightly modelled on Cilla Black's (albeit with smaller teeth)

Looks more like Kate Robbins (who did a lot of voices on the original series) to me
WH
Whataday Founding member
Perhaps the Cilla puppet had a hint of Kate thrown in considering she did the voice.
Spencer and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
SP
Spencer
Perhaps the Cilla puppet had a hint of Kate thrown in considering she did the voice.

One of my favourite stories is how, after Kate Robbins wrote the original Surprise Surprise theme tune, she sung it to Cilla, impersonating her voice. And Cilla loved it, and approved it for the show.
TV
iloveTV1
This did well on ITV last night, 3.2m viewers.
Alfie Mulcahy and London Lite gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member

Which is all that matters, 3.2m potential customers for Britbox.
BR
Brekkie
Did it have the PP logo at the beginning considering the last scene was solely an ad for BritBox, or with it being an ITV do they not need that?
JO
Jonwo

Which is all that matters, 3.2m potential customers for Britbox.

If only 10% decided to subscribe then it's mission accomplished.
Alfie Mulcahy and London Lite gave kudos
GO
gottago
I've been through most of the episodes over the last week and it's more hit than miss, I quite like it. The puppets and sets are really good. It probably could have done quite well on ITV so it's shame it's hidden on Britbox but I guess the series wouldn't have been commissioned at all if it wasn't for the service.
Alfie Mulcahy, London Lite and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos

Newer posts