TV Home Forum

New BBC One ident

Bakers incoming? (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
Asa Admin
Looks like we're due another one...there was a short clip of some bakers just after the rugby. Hope that tattoo's been checked Laughing

BR
Brekkie
They've still not got over losing Bake Off have they.
UT
UTVLifer
They've still not got over losing Bake Off have they.

Nope they haven't
JO
Josh
Another sting at 6pm, this time to do with bread?
:-(
A former member
Josh posted:

And no branding either.
FC
FrancesC
Josh posted:

Even the sting is without Oneness…
BR
Brekkie
Could say it was half baked.
JF
JetixFann450
They've probably uploaded a "clean cut" of that ident without the Oneness branding. Definitely nothing to do with Oneness being pulled, not least from what I'm seeing.

Happened with the Football (the 2006 one, not the Oneness Lockdown one) ident before.
FC
FrancesC
😪😪😪
:-(
A former member

That's so last week! Very Happy
MC
M-CORP
Wow. I have to admit I was never the greatest fan of Oneness. However, seeing that GIF above of the cats sleeping in their bed/computer desk/sofa (sleeping in different places, where's the consistency there? Design 101, duhhhh) has really changed my opinions of the whole brand identity. So much effort has clearly gone into these vignettes, and they depict the wonders of life with great accuracy, charm, lightness of touch and not a single shred of awkward empty desperation.

I now actually think Oneness is a work of crystalline genius with a lot to say about the joy of our contemporary culture. It is art that challenges, art that provokes... it is wonderful, and it makes the 1997 balloon or even the 1986 COW globe look like a steaming turd or a garish Poundland brand of orange juice in comparison. In fact I would go so far as to say it has enriched my life, changed it for the better, and has single-handedly helped me cope through these current times. It is worth the licence fee alone. I have no need of soul-stirring optimistic musical motifs, nor something as passe as a channel symbol (Shudder) to help me 'connect' with the channel. For I have Oneness. And as long as I have Oneness, I am never truly alone.

The struggle is finished. I have won the victory over myself. I love Big Brother.

Nah, just kidding, I bloody hate the whole thing, I can't believe it was ever signed off and deemed to be an acceptable look for the nation's flagship TV channel, it's so bland and uncreative even people who work in marketing died of boredom when they watched it so I've heard, Why oh why oh why ohFJGSJLJLKHJFDGTFJHK>NMBHVGDXGFDHGHIUY&ET@TI
PLEASE STAND BY. WE ARE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. NORMAL SERVICE WILL RESUME SHORTLY.
Rexogamer, jamiedd and denton gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
😪😪😪

I didn't know we could embed inline video using the IMG tag! This changes everything.

EDIT: Ah, it might only work in Safari.

Newer posts