TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PL
plymouthbloke1974
Josh posted:
I feel the chances of this going to plan will be very slim. In the best case scenario, Boris will need to get on at 6:30pm exactly, talk for 15 or so minutes allowing enough time for the BBC to recap and wrap up at 7:05pm to have any chance of getting to Strictly on time.
I don’t think Boris gives two hoots about finishing on time for Strictly. That’s the last thing on his mind right now 😂
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Josh posted:
I feel the chances of this going to plan will be very slim. In the best case scenario, Boris will need to get on at 6:30pm exactly, talk for 15 or so minutes allowing enough time for the BBC to recap and wrap up at 7:05pm to have any chance of getting to Strictly on time.

Don't need a recap, probably go straight to Strictly from the conference
JO
Josh
Scott Bryan saying that Strictly will air tonight but will be updating us on the time.

DV
dvboy
Deleted
Last edited by dvboy on 31 October 2020 5:37pm
CA
Caly123
dvboy posted:
Strictly is now 1930 on the EPG

Still says 7:10 on Sky.
DV
dvboy
dvboy posted:
Strictly is now 1930 on the EPG

Still says 7:10 on Sky.

My bad, misread the EPG
PL
plymouthbloke1974
The EPG is all over the place understandably.... I’m sure it’ll update in due course.
CO
Cold Open
Josh posted:

Considering that it was clear at pretty much exactly 5pm that the government announcement (A) was being delayed at all and (B) was specifically being delayed until 6:30pm (as opposed to just for a few minutes etc), they could've done something like move Celebrity Mastermind to 5:30pm rather than dragging out the News Special right up until the formal network bulletin at 6pm.

90 minutes of hot air about what may or may not be in the impending government announcement, immediately followed by a standard news bulletin, on Saturday teatime BBC One! 🙄
Last edited by Cold Open on 31 October 2020 6:08pm
UK
UKnews
The EPG is all over the place understandably.... I’m sure it’ll update in due course.

All much calmer with the EPG on Virgin - it’s not been updated at all. (This is standard, and rubbish.)
JK
JKDerry

All much calmer with the EPG on Virgin - it’s not been updated at all. (This is standard, and rubbish.)

I sometimes wonder if Virgin Media realise they have a EPG
UK
UKnews

I sometimes wonder if Virgin Media realise they have a EPG

It’s something I’m not going to miss when my contract is up in April and I go back to Sky.
JKDerry and Cold Open gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Josh posted:

Don't need a recap, probably go straight to Strictly from the conference

If only the BBC had a separate channel that could be dedicated to short notice and ad hoc events, so that BBC 1 and 2 could simply carry on with their schedules.
I'm not sure given the 1970s FA Cup Final style build up of comment, and all the leaks, whether anything Johnson is going to say will come as a surprise anyway

Newer posts