Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube

JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
JAS84 posted:
The one I always remember is when John Major resigned in 1995, it broke on Newsround and I remember them very gingerly reading it off a bit of paper, and then a minute or so later it got faded out for a proper newsflash.
You're misremembering. He was Prime Minister until 1997.

Nope, he did resign, to force another leadership election which he stood in. And won.

The resignation was due to arguments over the EU, which shows you that some things never change...
BH
BillyH Founding member London London
I think that was the year one of the papers had the words “I QUIT AS LEADER” next to an unrelated photo of the Queen, making me think a massive royal abdication had occurred. But I’ve never been able to confirm that out of hazy 25 year old memories.
Member since 26 May 2001
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
JAS84 posted:
The one I always remember is when John Major resigned in 1995, it broke on Newsround and I remember them very gingerly reading it off a bit of paper, and then a minute or so later it got faded out for a proper newsflash.
You're misremembering. He was Prime Minister until 1997.

Nope, he did resign, to force another leadership election which he stood in. And won.

The resignation was due to arguments over the EU, which shows you that some things never change...

Here's the ITN Early Evening News from that day:

TV Live - The home of TV presentation.
SW
Steve Williams
rob posted:
Here's the ITN Early Evening News from that day:

That was the first coverage on ITV because when the news broke about half an hour before, they were actually showing England live in the Rugby World Cup. Giles Smith's book of his sport on TV columns covers it, ITV put a banner on screen and John Taylor the commentator had to refer to it, saying "the players certainly not aware of that", though Smith ponders what they could have done even if they were.
PH
Philheybrookbay West Country (West) Spotlight
RDJ posted:
A 1991 edition of Spotlight, with a rather interesting ‘BBC1 South & West’ globe. And they’re using the wrong BBC logo on the end caption too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlNDenu2tA

Heck I'd forgotten a lot of this era of Spotlight - those weather symbols with Craig!
EL
elmarko Central Reporting Scotland
There isn’t a thread for dailymotion and I’m pretty sure I saw it there... so, a small request, if i may? I remember seeing some twenty minutes-long video from the 2000 BBC Music Live thing, a big behind the scenes with all the engineers and lots of talk about delays and sync etc. Did I make that up?
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
There isn’t a thread for dailymotion and I’m pretty sure I saw it there... so, a small request, if i may? I remember seeing some twenty minutes-long video from the 2000 BBC Music Live thing, a big behind the scenes with all the engineers and lots of talk about delays and sync etc. Did I make that up?

I think you're thinking of this on Vimeo - behind the scenes of the Perfect Day performance by satellite:

EL
elmarko Central Reporting Scotland
I was, thank you! Must have mis-remembered. Trying to make a playlist of my favourite behind the scenes gubbins.

May have to mirror it over to YT. Although the uploader appears to be a TV professional so perhaps that's a little naughty.
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
An ITN newsflash from 1994.

TV Live - The home of TV presentation.
NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
Here’s something I’ve not seen before, a pre-1992 filler in between the Channel Four Daily and ITV Schools.

steve
steviegTVreturns
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
I will admit, I had to double check that that wasn't something posted to a secret "15 minute music interval man" channel...
NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
I will admit, I had to double check that that wasn't something posted to a secret "15 minute music interval man" channel...

Beware of imitations...

Luckily when I saw the uploader name on my Subscriptions list, I knew it was the real deal.
steve
steviegTVreturns

Newer posts