The Newsroom

Scandals, Blunders & Lawsuits at FOXNEWS, OANN, NewsMax

Now includes "News"Max & OANN Scandals (July 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
If he loses November to January will be interesting - no doubt loads of attempts to get the crooked fraudulent result overturned, and failing that, a sit in. Well, until he needs to play golf. Never understood the two month wait between the election and the President taking over.
IS
Inspector Sands
If he loses November to January will be interesting - no doubt loads of attempts to get the crooked fraudulent result overturned, and failing that, a sit in. Well, until he needs to play golf.

.... or until he gets arrested. Once his protection from prosecution ends there's a lot of stuff waiting for him, particularly in New York

Who knows what will happen, I think the theories about him refusing to leave are a bit far fetched. A US president ceases to be so at midday on the 20th January and that's ingrained in their constitution and can't change. Once that happens the president ceases to be Commander in Chief and all state loyalties including that of the military pass to the new one. A president staying in the White House past that time would be trespassing, it might even be treason (even more treason) and getting them out fairly easy.

The question really is how the transition will go...

Quote:
Never understood the two month wait between the election and the President taking over.

It's very different to here where it all happens on a day, but there's a lot more to do. Until the 1930s they had till March!

The incoming president and his team have a lot of appointments to make both within the White House and the departments of state. And there's a lot of power to transfer. Its all designed so that everything is ready for 12:01 on the 20th January and is enshrined in law to ensure this.

Of course the transition has already kind of started, as part of it Biden and Harris are already receiving national security briefings and will already have appointed a transition team. This isn't them being cocky of course, it just needs to be prepared for
London Lite and valley gave kudos
JO
Jon
Who knows what will happen, I think the theories about him refusing to leave are a bit far fetched. A US president ceases to be so at midday on the 20th January and that's ingrained in their constitution and can't change. Once that happens the president ceases to be Commander in Chief and all state loyalties including that of the military pass to the new one. A president staying in the White House past that time would be trespassing, it might even be treason (even more treason) and getting them out fairly easy.

Of course he might even win. Sad
JO
johnnyboy Founding member

Your argument is nonsense.

Why do you think #45 won’t appear on either channel?

Both channels report NEWS, not pedal crap! FOX news as defined by many many studies is #45’s soapbox. If you view CNN and MSNBC as bias you are seriously misinformed.

MSNBC in particular is biased towards the Democratic Party. If you can't see beyond your own political bias, then what's the point?

I’m not sure you warrant a response either, BUT, the channel you mention reports NEWS. Fox does not!

Swallow it, but don’t choke!

MSNBC and CNN sneer just as much at Trumpy-boy as Fox sneers at Biden.

Whilst I am completely prepared to concede that MSNBC's and CNN's actual news reporting may more accurately reflect the actualite, there seem only to be slender margins in that greater degree of accuracy.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
Luke posted:

Ultimately all of those US news channels (and talking heads) have benefited hugely from Trump commercially and audience wise.

I heard John Sopel being interviewed for the Media Masters Podcast recently. On that predicts that if he leave office in January there will be massive job losses across the American news media as his administration generates so much news and conversation.

As much as they've tried to normalise the current situation, it's not normal for a president or White House to be like this

Very interesting.

Has anyone seen that Steve Bannon documentary on Sky Atlantic? Fascinating insight into the mind of a master political operator.

There is a section on it where the news networks are cockahoop about Trump's entry into the presidential race because of its effect on both viewership and profitability.

Fox has nailed its colours firmly to the mast but I wonder if the boards at MSNBC and CNN are secretly praying for a second term?

63 days later

MO
Mouseboy33
This is just small example, why i think you can't paint MSNBC and FNC with the same brush. They are not the same thing AT ALL! Fox is just completely wacko, the stuff they come out with. Completely unfounded, nearly libelous stuff, under the guise of "news". As i said before, its no where to close to being actual news. And certainly does not deserve to have "news' as a part of its name.

Cando, Inspector Sands and Ghost gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Nobody is denying that Fox is completely off their rocker when it comes to propagandising Trump, but I still believe that MSNBC still has their part to play in sugar coating the Democrats.

The point still stands that Fox and MSNBC are still the worst for each party while with the exception of HLN, the cable 'news' channels are far from impartial and have taken sides with either Trump or the Dems, which makes America particularly bad for impartial tv news sources, so you end up with a polarised audience who isn't getting accurate information, instead relying on Fox or MSNBC for biased news depending on where you stand.
MO
Mouseboy33
, which makes America particularly bad for impartial tv news sources, .

Well I said what I said and Im not changing on it. But you probably need to modify your comment a bit, because contrary to popular belief outside of the US, the vast majority of Americans dont watch cable news. Cable news is simply echo chambers. The vast majority by far watch local news and the evening network newscasts. Europe, for the most part, lacks any highly developed local level mass media that exists across North America in Canada, US and Mexico. Which means Europe has a higher reliance on national rolling news channels than in North America.
Fewer Americans rely on TV news; what type they watch varies by who they are
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/05/fewer-americans-rely-on-tv-news-what-type-they-watch-varies-by-who-they-are/
For Local News, Americans Embrace Digital but Still Want Strong Community Connection
https://www.journalism.org/2019/03/26/nearly-as-many-americans-prefer-to-get-their-local-news-online-as-prefer-the-tv-set/

Just saying.
LL
"‘Journalism in the U.S. has become more subjective and consists less of the detailed event- or context-based reporting that used to characterize news coverage.’"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/theres-a-truth-decay-in-american-journalism-study-says-media-has-become-more-biased-over-the-last-30-years-2019-05-15
MO
Mouseboy33
But Fox crazy train is on a track by itself.
CI
cityprod
Nobody is denying that Fox is completely off their rocker when it comes to propagandising Trump, but I still believe that MSNBC still has their part to play in sugar coating the Democrats.

MSNBC sugar-coating the Democrats??? Are you sure you're watching MSNBC, cos that doesn't sound like MSNBC. Over the years, MSNBC has actually attacked the Democrats when they've done something worth being attacked for. Individual Democrats have also been in the firing line when they've been in the wrong. The difference is that Fox News just attacks the Democrats with poorly written propaganda that has little to no basis in reality most of the time. MSNBC have attacked politicians of both parties, when they've been in the wrong, it's just that Republicans are far more in the wrong, than the Democrats are. But MSNBC doesn't sugar coat what either side does.

Quote:
The point still stands that Fox and MSNBC are still the worst for each party while with the exception of HLN, the cable 'news' channels are far from impartial and have taken sides with either Trump or the Dems, which makes America particularly bad for impartial tv news sources, so you end up with a polarised audience who isn't getting accurate information, instead relying on Fox or MSNBC for biased news depending on where you stand.

Except that cable news is the least watched of all the television news output. More people watch the PBS Newshour every day, than watch most hours of cable news. The three main network news bulletins are watched by over 21 million people each week. Cable news can't even dream of such figures. When it comes to TV news, cable news is much lower down the totem pole than you think.
LL
Once again I think both cityprod and mouseboy are both missing the overall point I'm attempting to make here.

America has a big issue when it comes to how news is delivered. Those cable networks aren't 'news' channels, they're infotainment bubble networks who's principal aim is to keep those audiences polarised of which FNC and MSNBC are the prime two that are polar opposites editorially. Both have commentators who can't stand anything to do with the other, while the 'news' content is produced with bias.

You then move to the more mainstream network bulletins which are impartial, but are insular by UK standards, where news only happens inside the US border or where international stories are put in the running order that affect American interests.

The local bulletins are as close as it gets to true impartiality, non-biased reporting recently of the Trump/Biden events in their local areas, alongside actual local news and events, while some international stories make it into the in-brief segments.

The fact some people on here defend MSNBC just shows their own political bias instead of watching the content from an impartial point of view, of which I've done when watching US newscasts from an outside perspective.

I say this as someone who would be happy to see Trump go, but I don't want to see Biden get an easy ride either by media outlets.
Last edited by London Lite on 29 October 2020 12:45am

Newer posts