The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
Possible reason-Lewis Vaughan Jones appears to be double Shifting!

BTW, what was he wearing on his head last night. Looked like something gamers wear ?
UN
Universal_r

BTW, what was he wearing on his head last night. Looked like something gamers wear ?

NG
noggin Founding member

Lewis suffered from profound and sudden hearing loss a while back. I think that is part of his hearing-aid system. The BBC have been pretty exemplary in how they have handled this - I hope other broadcasters would be doing the same.
UN
Universal_r
The news channel has just taken world news at 4:30pm after the break. We just had Jane hill from 4pm in studio E.
World news titles were used and the screens have world news on them.
SS
SuperSajuuk
The news channel has just taken world news at 4:30pm after the break. We just had Jane hill from 4pm in studio E.

As a result, BBC UK viewers get to see Aaron again after like, nearly a year, due to his move to only presenting on World News. Really miss his personality from business bulletins.
DH
DH33

I think there was issues with the autoque from what I saw on tv
UN
Universal_r
DH33 posted:

Yeah I noticed that, it seemed to be having problems all throughout the half hour that I was watching, but would that be enough for them to switch to world?
UN
Universal_r
Back to Jane hill in E now.
As a result, world went to a break at 4:51pm, can’t imagine they usually do that? Will that not mess up the TOTH as there is usually a break just before then.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
DH33 posted:

Yeah I noticed that, it seemed to be having problems all throughout the half hour that I was watching, but would that be enough for them to switch to world?

The way things are integrated these days it's possible for a prompter issue to be the tip of the iceberg
LX
lxflyer
Back to Jane hill in E now.
As a result, world went to a break at 4:51pm, can’t imagine they usually do that? Will that not mess up the TOTH as there is usually a break just before then.

That’s perfectly normal for the 16:00 hour on World.

There’s a short filler from Click, Witness History or the likes as well as a weather forecast in that period to the TOTH.
RN
Rolling News
Might be screen issues in E as Reeta is unusually sat down at the start of the 6.
UN
Universal_r
Might be screen issues in E as Reeta is unusually sat down at the start of the 6.

More likely a camera issue? Because the screens were all on at the start of the 6.
Edit: Reeta was standing after the headlines mid way through the 6.
Last edited by Universal_r on 28 October 2020 6:25pm

Newer posts