BBC One (inc HD)
0600-0915 Breakfast 1.5m/39.7%
0915-1000 Morning Live 1.4m/24.9%
1000-1100 Homes Under The Hammer 1.1m/21.0%

ITV (inc HD - but not ITV+1)
0600-0900 GMB 0.9m/22.9%
0900-1000 Lorraine 1.3m/23.2%
1000-1230 This Morning 1.2m/22.5%

Not bad - Morning Live got a higher volume and share than any ITV morning show on its first outing, though it's close.

BBC One won every 15 minute slot from 0915 to 1000.

Cue the "Morning Live beats This Morning" articles in the clickbait press.
LV
LondonViewer
Ratings are in :

BBC One (inc HD)
0600-0915 Breakfast 1.5m/39.7%
0915-1000 Morning Live 1.4m/24.9%
1000-1100 Homes Under The Hammer 1.1m/21.0%

ITV (inc HD - but not ITV+1)
0600-0900 GMB 0.9m/22.9%
0900-1000 Lorraine 1.3m/23.2%
1000-1230 This Morning 1.2m/22.5%

Not bad - Morning Live got a higher volume and share than any ITV morning show on its first outing, though it's close.

BBC One won every 15 minute slot from 0915 to 1000.

Monday 19th
RIP Off Britain 1.5m 30%
Lorraine 1m 20.7%
LL
Larry the Loafer
How many of those viewers are in waiting rooms in hospitals and GP surgeries?
CA
Cando
How many of those viewers are in waiting rooms in hospitals and GP surgeries?

Zero I think. Places like pubs etc are not recorded by Barb I believe.
PA
Parker

Yes - The One Show logo is a version of the BBC One logo (the ONE in the title refers to the channel). The One Show also uses BBC One's channel typeface for most of its on-screen graphics.

The studio design changed significantly in 2014 when the studio moved from White City to New Broadcasting House - but the trademark green sofa and skeletal coffee table designs were retained (though physically replaced) The White City studio had a lot of fabric, wood and initially fake breeze-block elements, whereas the move to New Broadcasting House introduced the current light box and sliding perspex panel window treatments.

The current sofa design is a variant of the sofa introduced during the Summer 2008 studio refresh. When the show launched it had a very different set of sofas (one green corduroy, one blue velvet ISTR)

Here is the original London studio design https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li-8UEYhZdo

It must be a big job to reset everything for the evening performance?

Yes, with social distancing it must be quite a task - actually quite a reversal from the direction of travel the BBC has been going with minimal changes to the physical elements of the set, in favour of screens/lighting changes at the flick of a switch.

But, if Morning Live was to be made permanent, it's quite plausible they will make changes in the same way the original pilot run of The One Show was very different to the permanent version of the show (not even in the same place). But if Morning Live and The One Show were to co-exist permanently, any future set design for the studio would surely make more use of shared physical elements.

Having the same production team will help with a bit of shared budget jiggling Wink
DJ
DJGM
This screengrab of a wide shot of the studio from early into the first show, I notice that fake front door on the left, I'm not sure if that's supposed to look as if it's the front door of a house or the front door of a pub! This wide shot looks (to me at least) like they've converted a closed-down pub into a TV studio! It does make the studio look bigger that it really is though.

HJ
HJL
Urm that’s a fire door is it not? Fully functioning, not just in place for decoration on set
JI
jimbob647
I could be wrong but the door looks similar to those in the older parts of Broadcasting House. I kind of get the feeling that the set has been based around the art deco feel of some parts of the building in the 30/40s, then added some plants and furniture.
Cando and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
DJGM posted:
This screengrab of a wide shot of the studio from early into the first show, I notice that fake front door on the left, I'm not sure if that's supposed to look as if it's the front door of a house or the front door of a pub! This wide shot looks (to me at least) like they've converted a closed-down pub into a TV studio! It does make the studio look bigger that it really is though.

Yes you could build a replica Rovers Return in there
BE
benjy
I could be wrong but the door looks similar to those in the older parts of Broadcasting House. I kind of get the feeling that the set has been based around the art deco feel of some parts of the building in the 30/40s, then added some plants and furniture.

I reckon they’ve taken inspiration from White City House in Television Centre. It looks just like it.
SO
Soupnzi
benjy posted:

I reckon they’ve taken inspiration from White City House in Television Centre. It looks just like it.

Yes precisely. There’s probably a synopsis of the White City House ‘look’ online somewhere but it’s basically of the era of when TVC opened. I posted this pic of the ‘Play School’ bar on another thread recently
https://ibb.co/WgGNPq8
NG
noggin Founding member
benjy posted:

Yes precisely. There’s probably a synopsis of the White City House ‘look’ online somewhere but it’s basically of the era of when TVC opened. I posted this pic of the ‘Play School’ bar on another thread recently
https://ibb.co/WgGNPq8

The mosaic columns and wooden furniture elements very much nod to TV Centre reception (aka 'Stage Door' in the final years of BBC ownership)

Newer posts