The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
jay Founding member
Looks like a monitor or a light to me, just with an old sticker on. I'd imagine it wasn't ever intended to be in shot.
VA
valley
jay posted:
Looks like a monitor or a light to me, just with an old sticker on. I'd imagine it wasn't ever intended to be in shot.

No, it’s a lectern (similar to a music stand in design). It’s just a bit ancient...
bilky asko and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
GI
Gibsy
Sky News US election plans

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/america-decides-sky-news-unveils-us-election-2020-plans
JA
jay Founding member
jay posted:

No, it’s a lectern (similar to a music stand in design). It’s just a bit ancient...

My bad, I stand corrected!

The US election plans sound great.
mediamonkeyuk and Gibsy gave kudos
WL
W1LL
Lovely looking AR in that preview picture there. Wonder if they’ll go to the effort of a similar sequence to that of the 2019 Election.
Jory and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
VA
valley
W1LL posted:
Lovely looking AR in that preview picture there. Wonder if they’ll go to the effort of a similar sequence to that of the 2019 Election.

That’s the plan - more focused on the virtual White House than on Sky Central this time though.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Good to see how being part of Comcast has allowed them to share data with NBC News and presumably the Sky teams in other parts of the country will be sharing NBC sat trucks.
DT
DTV
W1LL posted:

Seeing that, I'm now doubly hoping that the BBC don't try and have another crack at AR.
Jory and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
ME
mediamonkeyuk
Seems the producers have been on a trolley dash around Best Buy. Kay has a new lectern today Very Happy
JB
JasonB
Why is Burley doing her programme outside in the cold in Washington in the early hours of the morning? Couldn’t they fly her out nearer time of the election?
JK
JK08
I expected the new links with NBC might mean they could borrow a studio for Kay's show since she's broadcasting from the States for over a week. But then I suppose unless the studio had a window overlooking a landmark, you might say what's the use in her being there at all.
MA
mark Founding member
Last time round, ITV used an NBC studio with a view of Capitol Hill - and, in the past, they've had a camera position on Rockefeller Plaza.

I was definitely expecting Sky to have a closer link with NBC in presentation terms, especially as Sky is a fully-fledged part of the NBC News family whereas ITV News was only ever a partner. There's clearly going to be collaboration behind the scenes, but less than I expected on the presentation front.

Newer posts