The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Spencer
WMD posted:
‘Now on One’ lives on! Used in BBC One East’s continuity into Step Into The Ring this evening.

Does anyone know the precise year that the national CA would have stopped calling BBC1 ‘One’?

Around 1991? Only a guess but based on viewing old continuity.

Did it, perhaps, coincide with the launch of the new BBC 1 and 2 idents in that year, and everything becoming a bit more corporate?
VM
VMPhil
I don’t think it was that early, I think it was more around the time they changed the pres slightly to have the permanent 1 or 2 in the top left on trails in 1992. This is judging by videos I’ve watched over the years.
BA
Ballyboy
Does Genelle Aldred no longer do the weather then?
Last edited by Ballyboy on 15 October 2020 6:10pm
LL
London Lite Founding member
Does Genelle Aldred no longer do the weather then?

I think she's freelance these days.
BA
Ballyboy
Wonder where Charlie Neil is these days?, she was a great weather presenter
RN
Rolling News
Wonder where Charlie Neil is these days?, she was a great weather presenter

She got made redundant in February 2009. Sadly there isn’t much more info around of what she’s done since.

8 days later

RD
RDJ
Tonight's ITV News Central has Matt out of usual position, different camera angles being used and the desk rotated diagonally.

Methinks they may have been trialling a returning to double headed presentation for the not too distant future.
South Today and Ballyboy gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
Fingers crossed
RD
RDJ
No sign of double headed pres just yet despite the recent set alterations.

BT Tower now makes an appearance in the main presenter shot, so I bet BT will be happy. Shows how long ago the backdrop was recorded as the logo has since been removed from the tower.
Alfie Mulcahy, South Today and Ballyboy gave kudos
ST
South Today
RDJ posted:
No sign of double headed pres just yet despite the recent set alterations.

BT Tower now makes an appearance in the main presenter shot, so I bet BT will be happy. Shows how long ago the backdrop was recorded as the logo has since been removed from the tower.

5 years old now that backdrop and nearly 8 years old opening titles. Time for a refresh Liz!
BA
Ballyboy
Can anyone get any screenshots?
CO
Cold Open
Can anyone get any screenshots?

What adverb is missing from that sentence? 🤔 #manners
Brekkie, Matthew_Fieldhouse and Ballyboy gave kudos

Newer posts