TV Home Forum

Morning version of The One Show?

JK
JK08 Granada North West Today
The video that RDJ was referring to was actually on Gethin's story - but has since expired.
PE
pete_ni UTV Newsline
Nope-definitely new set. https://www.instagram.com/p/CGvLjvbBxv3/?igshid=1bsdhdyrv1ch4
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
A nice framed view of some railings there. The latest member of the "better than Breakfast" club though.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
DM
DeMarkay London London
Very very nice set.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today

They’ve gone to town compared to other shows that have used the studio. It looks nice. Is there a barrier preventing those screens getting closer to the windows?
Parker and AlfieMulcahy gave kudos
TR
trivialmatters
You would think that if they’re going yo mothball Studio B for News that they could turn that into their multi-purpose studio for The One Show and Morning Live and all the others than use the space.
AS
AlexS

Personally think it looks as though they've transferred the contents of somebodies recently deceased granny's front room into a studio but I suppose that'll suit most of the daytime audience.
FL
Flux London London

They’ve gone to town compared to other shows that have used the studio. It looks nice. Is there a barrier preventing those screens getting closer to the windows?

I think most other shows have been temporary filler/pilots during the pandemic. This feels like a more permanent fixture so not that surprising they’ve given it more of its own identity.

AlexS posted:

Personally think it looks as though they've transferred the contents of somebodies recently deceased granny's front room into a studio but I suppose that'll suit most of the daytime audience.

Agreed 100%. I think the rug is the culprit there. Everything else kinda works and I can see what they’re going for, but that generic grandma rug underneath it all - which I assume is placed there to “bring the look together” - actually makes it feel very cheap and twee. And I don’t think that’s what they wanted.
JO
Jonwo
Flux posted:

I think most other shows have been temporary filler/pilots during the pandemic. This feels like a more permanent fixture so not that surprising they’ve given it more of its own identity.

I've read that it's likely to replace those live shows should it be a success much like how The One Show replaced the 7pm shows when it came along.
WI
Willz Central Reporting Scotland

Is that Studio V?
It’s underrated
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I'd assume there isn't much room for set storage at Broadcasting House
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
TV
TVVT Granada North West Today
The show has began, and I quite like the set!
Television is my passion.

Newer posts