The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
Kay Burley's show is from Washington starting on Monday.

RK
Rkolsen

Like to know where there originating from as they don’t have a teeny conference room or editing bay in the Fox bureau for flash cams. NBC has opened their new updated bureau but I’d like to see if they’re going to use a studio of a flash cam as well.
BR
Brekkie
But I thought it's selling point was being from Westminster.

A week early to make that move IMO given the current news agenda.
Meridian AM and Ittr gave kudos
VA
valley

Like to know where there originating from as they don’t have a teeny conference room or editing bay in the Fox bureau for flash cams. NBC has opened their new updated bureau but I’d like to see if they’re going to use a studio of a flash cam as well.

Dermot has been doing pres from the roof of what I believe is the NBC bureau... so maybe there.
BR
Brekkie
Is there really much advantage doing a show in Washington at 2am in the morning?
TR
trance
Is there really much advantage doing a show in Washington at 2am in the morning?

3am for this week only due to different daylight savings Very Happy
JO
Johnnie

3am until clocks go back in America next week..
RK
Rkolsen

Dermot has been doing pres from the roof of what I believe is the NBC bureau... so maybe there.

I imagine that’s where they’ll be pushed to on Election Night. They’ll probably set up two stories of press risers like they’ve done in the past. They’ve also installed an insulated tent for all the extra correspondents.
JO
Joe

I suppose it’s more logical than doing it at 2am in the afternoon.
CW
CraigWills

Seemingly some issues? No Kay Burley. Stephen Dixon presenting from the Glass Box - a new ‘Kay Burley’ graphic (that I hadn’t seen before) used a background image on the big screen.

Looks like a change of plan last night.
VA
valley

Seemingly some issues? No Kay Burley. Stephen Dixon presenting from the Glass Box - a new ‘Kay Burley’ graphic (that I hadn’t seen before) used a background image on the big screen.

Looks like a change of plan last night.

Editorial decision - launching with a “we’re in Washington for the election” angle is a bit irrelevant if they’re leading with the tanker.
SK
skyviewer
Hopefully this "New Graphic" does not rule out the expected and long overdue wider refresh.

Newer posts